Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
we moved in a couple of weekends ago, and it's been a mess. we are still not even half way unpacked.

the kitchen flooring choice was made. it was between cork and slate. i wanted cork, and jason wanted slate, and we would have been content with either but both favored one over the other for different reasons. we decided to do the slate, and it looks great.

i don't have any good photos of the kitchen flooring to post, but here is one of penny on the slate tiles from this morning.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Hi! Glad to see you back. Have fun unpacking and getting everything in just the *right* place. :) I love unpacking in a new place - it's that packing the old place I hate!

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Congrats on the new house. I think you'll end up loving the slate. It is very low maintenance and your dogs can't hurt it.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I love that floor! Congrats on the move! :)

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
I knew someone was missing here. Glad to see you back online. I love the Penny pictures. Good luck in your new home. (I like slate too).

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
I really like the look of the slate, but I'm with you that I'd have preferred the cork just a little bit. It's much more comfortable to stand on for long stretches, and I love to cook so frequently spend long stretches of time on my feet in the kitchen. On the plus side, the slate is very low maintenance and very attractive.

·
Registered
5,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I really like the look of the slate, but I'm with you that I'd have preferred the cork just a little bit. It's much more comfortable to stand on for long stretches, and I love to cook so frequently spend long stretches of time on my feet in the kitchen. On the plus side, the slate is very low maintenance and very attractive.
i bought a nice gel-pad mat for my feet when standing for long periods at the sink or stove top. :)

Congratulations! (1) Where did you move? (2) When can I come over for lasagna?
1. i can't tell you since we had to move because of your comments about stealing penny
2. anytime just as long as you bring new stuffies for the dogs

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
I need some Luke pics. I've been having Luke withdrawal. That boy has the most soulful eyes.

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
Hi. Nice to see you. I love the floor. I'm happy to see Penny pictures again. Now how about Luke & Taylor? :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts