Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so, I know I posted about me buying a house in December... Well we bought the house and 10 acres. Last week, the acreage behind my house (fronts to the next road over) came up for sale. I mean it was like fate took over. We had been wanting to find out who owned the land to see if they would sell a part of it. It had been on the market a day and someone put a contract on it. Financing fell through. The realtor had 10 more calls on it, but no takers. We just so happened to be able to get financing through a friend of my mothers. We close tomorrow. Now I will have 23.6 acres total. I had to show off these pictures from today. Sorry to those of you with snow...

Oh and all at the same time, my new fence was finished this week. It makes the property!!

Front of property purchased in December (and house with new fence).


Inside fence looking into pasture on current property


Back of current property looking to the new property


AND....

From the road frontage on the new property (and back of house) That is a creek under those trees. Can you say muddy labby's? ::)




Can you tell I am a little proud??? ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,845 Posts
I'm a little bit jealous here! You have NO neighbors! *sigh*
When I go out to sit in my backyard, I feel like I'm in a fish bowl
with half a dozen different neighbors spying on me.

It's beautiful! Who's going to mow? :laugh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,144 Posts
Congratulations, that looks like Heaven! Is that a steel roof on that house too! WOW indeed; that's awesome. (GBI)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Charla said:
I'm a little bit jealous here! You have NO neighbors! *sigh*
When I go out to sit in my backyard, I feel like I'm in a fish bowl
with half a dozen different neighbors spying on me.

It's beautiful! Who's going to mow? :laugh:
The horses and goats are going to mow. LOL!! Oh, and we have a tractor to get the rest. ;) We do have neighbors, but they are at least 5 acres away. tee hee hee...

MickeysMommy said:
Congratulations, that looks like Heaven! Is that a steel roof on that house too! WOW indeed; that's awesome. (GBI)
Yup, lifetime metal roof. Got a big discount on homeowners insurance with that thing. I am anxious to get moved in. Still finishing the painting and the tiling. (Buy a new house and have to put more money into it. ::))
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,845 Posts
CenTexLabs said:
Charla said:
I'm a little bit jealous here! You have NO neighbors! *sigh*
When I go out to sit in my backyard, I feel like I'm in a fish bowl
with half a dozen different neighbors spying on me.

It's beautiful! Who's going to mow? :laugh:
The horses and goats are going to mow. LOL!! Oh, and we have a tractor to get the rest. ;) We do have neighbors, but they are at least 5 acres away. tee hee hee...

MickeysMommy said:
Congratulations, that looks like Heaven! Is that a steel roof on that house too! WOW indeed; that's awesome. (GBI)
Yup, lifetime metal roof. Got a big discount on homeowners insurance with that thing. I am anxious to get moved in. Still finishing the painting and the tiling. (Buy a new house and have to put more money into it. ::))
Oh...way to shoot down the only thing that was making me not jealous! :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Charla said:
CenTexLabs said:
Charla said:
I'm a little bit jealous here! You have NO neighbors! *sigh*
When I go out to sit in my backyard, I feel like I'm in a fish bowl
with half a dozen different neighbors spying on me.

It's beautiful! Who's going to mow? :laugh:
The horses and goats are going to mow. LOL!! Oh, and we have a tractor to get the rest. ;) We do have neighbors, but they are at least 5 acres away. tee hee hee...

MickeysMommy said:
Congratulations, that looks like Heaven! Is that a steel roof on that house too! WOW indeed; that's awesome. (GBI)
Yup, lifetime metal roof. Got a big discount on homeowners insurance with that thing. I am anxious to get moved in. Still finishing the painting and the tiling. (Buy a new house and have to put more money into it. ::))
Oh...way to shoot down the only thing that was making me not jealous! :p
Was it the blue or the metal?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,845 Posts
Nooo....I was trying to picture you out there pushing a lawn mower around to make me not
feel so jealous! But then you said you have a tractor and horses and goats. :laugh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Charla said:
Nooo....I was trying to picture you out there pushing a lawn mower around to make me not
feel so jealous! But then you said you have a tractor and horses and goats. :laugh:
Oh, right. Well, I do still have to weed-eat around places. Does that help? And I have to clear a lot of tree and cactus by hand before the horses can be moved out there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,845 Posts
CenTexLabs said:
Charla said:
Nooo....I was trying to picture you out there pushing a lawn mower around to make me not
feel so jealous! But then you said you have a tractor and horses and goats. :laugh:
Oh, right. Well, I do still have to weed-eat around places. Does that help? And I have to clear a lot of tree and cactus by hand before the horses can be moved out there.
Ooooh....good stuff there. I'll need to see some blistered hand photos at some point. Don't go wearing any gloves now, Missy! Oh and if you could come up
with some large fire ant beds, that'd greatly help. Thanks! :laugh:

No honestly, that's a beautiful place you have.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,472 Posts
That is just Awesome!! Just absolutely awesome.
Congratulations!

Are you going to raise turkeys too, and get a rare silver turkey herding lab? :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,336 Posts
Oh, my! It's gorgeous!! :D

How wonderful to have all that property at your disposal! Congratulations! :)
 
1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Top