Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all - just registered and will be picking up Sven tomorrow. He is 9 weeks. This will be our first puppy.. any tips? We have 3 yr old cat who is kind of crabby and two kids 19mo and 8 yrs so this should be interesting!

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
Hi, Good luck with your new pup! there is a forum for training etc, i would recommend that you have a read through there. The main thing is, have consistency with the pup, through out the family. Make sure you all use the same instruction if you want him to do something i.e. if he is on the sofa and you want him to get off, you might say, 'get off' and you 8yr old might say 'get down', that could lead to confusion. Make sure to post lots of pics!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm new here too but just thought I'd mention that when we got Oscar our labrador we already had five cats and a cocker spaniel :smile: It took a while and quite some perseverance and patience but eventually they all became best of friends. We made sure the cats always had 'safe' places where they could get away from the dogs if they felt they needed too - nowadays we are sadly down to just Oscar and four cats but they still all love each other and the cats often sleep draped all over Oscar. Good luck :smile:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts