Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eileen and I were walking Wes last night. Passed a house that had had a very old (and very wise, and very wonderful) Golden named Elton. Elton went to the Bridge, probably last Fall. And it was very sad; Elton was 'senior counsel' on our circle; he'd go on his walks with his head held high and tail a'wagging, even when his coat was more gray than gold, and all the other dogs would pause in deference.

Elton was such a special man.

His passing was tough on the family. Hell, it was tough on ME, as I'd come to love the old boy.

His exit from the heirarchy was bittersweet for me. Wesley then ascended in the Hierarchy of the Circle. He is now the elder-dog.

Anyway, in walking past this house last night, the owner was out front, cutting his lawn. And the front door was open. And there behind the screen..... was I seeing things?? It was a tawny face, and a familiar triangle of black nose/eyes.

I waved to the owner. He silenced the machine.

"Did you get a new dog??"

Yes, they had.

Walter.

Walter!! Smiles and congratulations all around.

He's 8 months old. Extremely handsome.

And I'll be damned if I didn't see him bow a little as Wes went by.............

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
OK, tears in my eyes here over Elton. He sounds like such a wise old Golden, may he rest in peace.

Nothing cuter than a Golden pup! :)

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Thanks for that Dan, now I can go on with my day and think about Walter in the hood:) Elton sounds like a special Man indeed!

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Aww, what a sweet story, Dan. SO happy they were ready for a new Golden in their lives, I hope it was a rescue. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts