Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Names Chutney, he's a black and tan coonhound.

Lord help me. I thought Rhys was a mouthpiece. I think I'm losing my marbles. Hope he settles in real soon...:eek:

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah Tanya, I feel like throwing my ham bone from Xmas over the fence...might keep him quiet a little ;)

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
Don't expect him to be quiet anytime soon. I had a Treeing Walker Coon Hound in my neighborhood growing up. Fortunately, I enjoyed the sign song quallity of his constant, endless baying.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Hounds are cute! We almost got a hound, until hubby found out they are not a quiet dog. Then he vetoed me.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Good thinking Tanya, I'll have to put my thinking cap on.

He's really super friendly, and he's neutered, and loves my guys, but egads...are you freaking kidding me? We don't even have 'coons'.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I sympathize with you.

The house behind us got a pup early last spring. It was always left outside. First it was tied out, then they fenced in their (small) patio and added a doghouse. :mad: The poor dog never got any attention and constantly barked and yelped. Suddenly, around Thanksgiving, we stopped hearing it. Have no idea what happened to it. :(

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thing is Jackie, he is an inside dog...I hear him through the walls! Of course its louder when he's outside, but I do hear him inside.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Oh my gosh! From inside...how do they stand it? That would drive me insane! Is he a puppy? Maybe he will outgrow it...

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He's 6.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Arrrrrooooooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Cierra my BR's harrier loves to bay once in a while thank goodness she is a really quiet for a hound.

I wish you luck....maybe they need to leave the TV or radio on for him.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I'm glad I don't live next to Chutney! ;)
Got my fingers crossed her settles in and quiets down for you, and his owners sanity! :D

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Thing is Jackie, he is an inside dog...I hear him through the walls! Of course its louder when he's outside, but I do hear him inside.
How does his owners stand it inside!!?? There are some folks who live out in the county across from the college who have one...I see them out with him all the time..but that dog barks ALL the time! It would drive me nuts!

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Have you had a full moon yet? :D

A couple of years ago I took Freckles to train at Fly Ball. The lady ran a Coon Hound rescue and had 15 or so in kennels in her barn. We were there late one evening as the sun began to set and you have never heard such a cacophony of sounds emanating from that barn. Fortunately she did not have any nearby neighbors.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts