Just Labradors banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pulled from a Boston Globe article today :-X
People will take Alli three times a day, with meals that contain about 15 grams of fat. (That's the amount of fat in two tablespoons of peanut butter.) Alli works by blocking fat absorption. Eat too much fat, however, and the drug's dreadful side effects can kick in: oily gas and such sudden, uncontrolled bowel movements. Glaxo suggests that new Alli users wear dark apparel and have a change of clothes ready.
ummm....okay, how did this pass through like test markets?..who thinks it is okay to maybe poop your pants in an important meeting or at a social gathering...or anytime for that matter. ::)

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
is that for real? I mean...have extra clothes? ::)

no thanks.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Aren't those the same side effects that people were warned about experiencing if they took that drug for dog obesity?

Yuck, I think I'd pass.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Why does that song "Slip Sliding Away" keep coming to mind??? ;D

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
I think I'd rather be overweight than sh$t my pants.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
yellojakesmom said:
Yuck, I think I'd pass.
You would if ya wern't real careful. ;D

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yuck, I think I'd pass.

You would if ya wern't real careful.
ahhaaaaahaaaa!

and what does "wear dark clothing" mean? ..so you can poop yourself and it won't show? wow!

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
and what does "wear dark clothing" mean? ..so you can poop yourself and it won't show? wow!
I can't imagine pooping myself and considering the option to leave it there because I had on dark clothing. :-X

What do they do?? With each "accident" chant to yourself..."I'm losing weight, I'm losing weight"..

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
mollyrock said:
Yuck, I think I'd pass.

You would if ya wern't real careful.
ahhaaaaahaaaa!

Bwahahhahahaa!!

"Oh no, I just **** myself. Oh well...I'm wearing brown. I'm golden."

:laugh:

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Something advertised on TV - can't remember if it was food or a drug - has some kind of 'anal leakage' warning. This Alli goes in the same category for me - not gonna try it.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
there was another drug that did the same thing and my friend tried it. Many times she almost didn't make it. Not for me. She gained all her weight she loss back as well

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
I remember that first one. I never wanted to lose weight that bad. Sure, you're thin, but you'd have no friends. Who wants to hang out with someone that shits themselves? :eek:

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
O. M. G. :eek: It's the "wear dark clothes and have a change of clothes" warning that bothers me the most!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts