Just Labradors banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a few pictures of Miss Daisy from the last couple days. She is such a joy, I'm not sure how I've gone my whole life having never had a Lab, I was really missing out!

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And one more for good measure!
They are all in our kitchen, as that seems to have the best lighting for taking pics of a black dog! She gets her first bath tomorrow, so more to come! :D
Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
She's gorgeous! :) I can sympathize how hard it is trying to get good pics of dark colored animals!

BTW - I'm sure some others will chime in, but because of the oil in Labs' coats, you really shouldn't bathe them often, if at all. Bathing them pretty much strips their skin of all of the natural oils. It can mess up their fur if you get in the habit of giving a Lab a bath consistently. Now obviously if a dog rolls around in dog poop and you can't get the smell out, then a bath is probably needed, but otherwise I think most people on here don't bathe their dogs much, if at all.

With Abbey, she doesn't really have Lab fur and she has really horribly skin problems, so I have to give her baths per the vet, but that's a different story. :)

If you have to do it, make sure you use dog shampoo, not human shampoo, because the skin pH levels are different. I would use something soap-free, too.

Toby used to get baths every month but now with me, he doesn't at all. It's hard getting his fur back to how it's supposed to be. :( It's very brittle and not how it's supposed to be.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Justine!
Thanks for the advice. I really never bath my dogs (have a mini Aussie, too) because of the dry skin issues! Daisy and I have been hanging out with my fiance all week, and we've been at the horse barn (he trains, breeds and shows horses for a living) all day everyday, so she STINKS and is DIRTY! We are going home on Wed. morning, so I thought I'd give her a good bath tomorrow night, and after that she really won't have one until she becomes a filthy little lab again, haha.
She does have dandruff right now, had it when I picked her up, so I got a dog shampoo at Petco, it's a tar one? I heard that should help the dandruff, other wise I have an oatmeal one at home that I got at Petco as well!

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
She is so pretty! I think I'd go with the oatmeal shampoo, I believe it's better for their skin. Willy has really dry skin so when I bath him, which is rarely, I use that.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Such a pretty girl!

Love the second picture of her under the kitchen chair. Betting her being under it like that will not much last longer. She'll get too big! :eek:

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks all!!!! :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts