Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
... I used to have to drive 25mins to the other side of town, this one is under 10 minutes from me. It was a MAD HOUSE though!

AND... it took me no time at all to dig into my Que Pasa corn tortilla chips and Sabra hummus.... SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good. I did get a veggie tray too, but I've managed to move that over to make room for the chips...

Shoot - I meant to add a question to this post, lol.

What do you always/only buy at Costco??

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
they are ALL madhouses.. give it time.. or go on a Saturday.

I always buy the frozen taquitoes - my god they're processed, but delish!

I also buy Koda's liquid gluc there.. pizzas and various other coupon-related things. There's actually really nice furniture there at certain times of the year.. nice wooden bedroom stuffs and whatnot, but the prices seem to be going up..

We're getting a Lowe's this fall.. i'm beside myself..

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yeah kelli, thank God this city has two now, maybe it will be more manageable then just having the one? Although lots of peeps I talk to around here say they were waiting to get a membership until this one opened up. The parking lot has been totally full ALL WEEK.

Oh, we buy CoCo's Kirkland C&R food there and her Gluc/Chon/MSM supplements (we have to crush them to put them in her food tho), but we didn't need to pick it up today...

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
I love Costco! I am a member of Costco and Sams and pretty much just shop at both exclusively instead of going to a regular grocery store. I love the Kirkland organic tortilla chips. Right now they have salt and pepper baked kettle chips and they are SO GOOD.

Try the flautas, kelli....they are really good! I like them better than the corn tortilla taquitos.

I love all the specialty items they have. I just spent $70 in there today alone, lol.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
The closest Costco to us is in Lenexa, KS -- 70 miles each way from Topeka.

We have a Sam's Club in Topeka which we also use but the quality is SO much better at Costco.

Consumer Reports had a recent small blurb that rated consumer satisfaction with various stores (Costco, Sam's, A&P, Dillons, Krogers, Albertsons, Whole Foods, Trader Joes, Lion, Publix, Winn Dixie, etc.) and, IIRC, Costco was either at or near the top in satisfacton by consumer votes.

We regularly buy from them --

Kirkland Gluc & Chondroitin -- (for Puff & me)

K. Fish Oil caps -------------- ditto

K. Adult Dog Food, C&R ------ (for Puff & a neigbor's dog)

K. Balsamic Vinegar (about $11/1 liter) -- delicious, absolutely best for the price I've ever tasted

K. virgin olive oil -- 2 literbottles for me; expensive ($18?) 1 L. bottles as a gift for a friend who does many favors for me)

Whole roasted chicken ------- (for me; I eat some right away and freeze single portions)

Paisley Farms 4 bean salad --- (for me to share at dances w/pot luck supper)

Prescription eye glasses

Sometimes buy:

Set of Michellin tires

Blue jeans

Athletic shoes (by Addidas, 3 pairs so far)

Herbs

Stir-fry mixed frozen veggies

From either Costco or Sam's:

Classico Tomato sauce w/ Basil

ETA: items I forgot I always buy @ Costco

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I caanot leave Costco w/out a 150.00 dollar bill, Currently I'm munching on dry roasted edamame So Good! Also love their T-Bone steaks

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
... I used to have to drive 25mins to the other side of town, this one is under 10 minutes from me.
Don't rub it in. :( We're still waiting for the first one to open in Australia probably in either Sydney or Melbourne. For me, that involves a 1 hour drive to the airport & a 1 hour flight to Sydney or 2 hours to Melbourne plus finding my way to it & then the reverse trip back home. :( It would be a damned expensive shopping exercise but I WILL do it unless one opens near me first. There was a rumour that they're supposed to be opening about an hour from me but I haven't heard any more about it for months. If anyone here is friends with the GM, can you please tell him to hurry up with his Aussie venture? Thanks! ;)

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Jerky for Cinnamon...she doesn't care if they have chicken, lamb or duck but she demands jerky in the morning.

Also her bully sticks.

Plus we buy spinach salad, paper plates and cups, books and fruits and veges.

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Frozen berries, 3 kgs of (delish!) frozen strawberries for like, $10.99, woot! :)

Dog beds, socks and ziploc bags are the other Costco staples.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
I have a long list of things I buy at Costco. I hate shopping so I love stocking up and not having to go to the store every other day. For the most part I love the quality of product- I purchase most of our meat, all paper goods, Sammis food, beds, biscuits! Coffee, vitamin water, OJ, v8, tea, vitamins, soap, toothpaste, OTC meds. and the list goes on...... I also purchase photo paper, print cartridges, and computer paper there.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
We have no Costco. The only Costco I've been in was in Staten Island, which is 260 miles from home. I did buy 4 dog beds for under twenty bucks a piece while I was there. The guy I work with had a membership and I couldn't pass up the price.

A little tip. Think before you buy. My company car is a jeep Liberty and it was a little cramped driving back that week. There isn't as much room as I thought.

The girls love the dog beds They each have one up stairs and one downstairs.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The prices for all the dog things seems to have jumped recently... the dog food is about $5 more and so are the dog beds... but still good prices!

CoCo has had her dog bed for 3 years! I think we should probably replace it soon, it isn't torn but its looking pretty flat, lol. She rarely lays on it though, its more of a launching pad to the bed.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
I buy Cinnamon's beds there and they are so cheap they are almost considered disposable by me. I replace them when they go flat which is about once a year as she sleeps on them all the time. Or they get replaced when I can no longer get the cover clean. Actually I don't throw them I take them to the Humane Society by me who doesn't care if they are stained or a little flat. They will put 2 beds in one cover if they are flat.

Currently she has a really nice brown striped one. The material is so nice it looks like something you would find on a high quality sofa.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Currently she has a really nice brown striped one. The material is so nice it looks like something you would find on a high quality sofa.
I was impressed with the material also. I've had them about 2 months and they are holding up well. My girls aren't ones to destroy where they sleep so Hopefully they will withstand a few washings etc.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
I always buy the que pasa chis that I used to only be able to get at Pete's...bigger bag, same $$. The Garden fresh salsa...BEST next to homemade. Hummus, (chipotle & roasted garlic), gummy vites natural gummy bear vitamins for the kids, all my tp/papertowels/kleenex/tide/etc. Lunch stuff for kids, kozy shack mini rice puddings, oasis natural juice boxes, etc. Rotisserie chickens, milk & eggs , 4 pack of Tropicana (cheaper by a bit). Dog beds, and WAY too much in housewares & clothes =)

I do a lot of my shopping at Costco. The new one had awesome deals on the Grand Opening! Lots of 2fers =)

·
Banned
2,041 Posts
I wish we had a costco , my hair die is alot cheaper there .

·
Banned
2,041 Posts
plus , its the only place I can find vitalis .

1 - 20 of 24 Posts