Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

As some of you know I lost my best friend Mo back in May. Missing him so much, I made the move and got another...Not that he will ever be replaced, but this one will help with my loss. It felt right and I'm happy I did it. I know Mo is happy for me.

His name is Limo (aka "Little Mo")

I do have a question since it's been 11 years since I raised a pup....I've had him since Friday eve and he still has some very runny stool. I'm sure the new territory, different water, etc might have something to do with it, but thought I'd ask if anyone had any other ideas. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Congrats on your new pup, I'm sure Mo is happy for you too! I'm not sure about the soft poo, hope its just the new tummy jitters and he is all better real soon!:)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Congrats on the new pup! Sorry, no advice for you re: the squirts! Maybe he's just a little off for the reasons you mentioned.

Enjoy the pup!

Bev.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Congrats on the new pup! We decided after the loss of our black lab, Cybil, in Feb., to get a new pup. We have had him (Dozer) a month and it is a whole new world (from old dog to new pup) ...

I cannot help much with the soft poo issue, but I can tell you growing up anytime we had a new dog and we put it on our well water the dog always (always!) had runny poo, so it very well could be a change in water.

Welcome Limo!!

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Have you taken the puppy to the vet yet? It's common to do a first vet check within a few days of picking up your new puppy. They will usually do a stool sample and sometimes pups will still have worms or coccidia. These are just things pups can get regardless of the quality of the breeder. So if you haven't yet, make that appointment now.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Congratulations, Tammy!! It is a huge help to fill that void, believe me. Make sure you don't find yourself comparing the two though. :)

Is his poop still runny?

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I agree with Jen, get his first vet check and have a stool sample done. You can also add a bit of canned pumpkin (not the pie filling, just pumpkin) to his food, that usually firms up the stool quickly, and will help if it's the water that his system is digesting to, and it'll help him ride it out! Congrats on the new little guy, and we all need to see pictures oh so badly!

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Have you taken the puppy to the vet yet? It's common to do a first vet check within a few days of picking up your new puppy. They will usually do a stool sample and sometimes pups will still have worms or coccidia. These are just things pups can get regardless of the quality of the breeder. So if you haven't yet, make that appointment now.
I think this would be a good idea.

Congrats on your new pup. I'm sure Mo would be pleased.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Tammy, I am so glad you have a new pup! :D Have you changed Limo's food at all?

After a vet check to be sure there are no parasites, try some boiled chicken or beef and rice to settle his tummy down, then slowly re-introduce the kibble.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts