Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HTC Hero thru Sprint

Android was built as an open platform to enable developers to create rich mobile applications that take full advantage of all the capabilities of a mobile phone.

I have no clue what all this mumbojumbo means! I'm not a developer so do I really need a phone like this?

I want to be able to take pictures and send, text and of course talk on the phone! Not sure I really need all that other stuff. Recommendations?

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
My husband has the HTC Hero and loves it. His takes great pictures, texts, etc... It also has a lot of applications on it (most are even FREE!). He's having a lot of fun with it, and our computer was down for about two months while Jason was working on it. His phone ran the internet so well that we didn't really miss not having our high speed internet and computer. It also doesn't constantly freeze up, unlike my Blackberry. I plan to get one once my contract is up.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
It means that the open platform makes it easy for developers to create applications that users can take advantage of. It is a sweet phone, and if I wasn't forced to have a Blackberry (which I also love) I would have one.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
You're not going to develop applicatons, you're gonna use them! =)

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
See!!!! I don't even know what I'm getting! LOL, DH wants me to get it and he's even less savy than I am at this stuff!
:) It's easy to use and figure out. I think you'll enjoy the phone! You can get games, music players, watch videos, exercise applications, book readers, really pretty much anything you may be interested in. It's basically like a mini-computer. :)

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
I have a BB Storm, but might be moving on up to a Droid this week.
My friend has the Droid. It's really cool but she has been having trouble with the browser. It won't load sometimes and Facebook freezes often. She has only had it a week and a half.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
I rarely use the browser though I do use FB on the cell phone. I might just stay with the BB since I have that one down. As long as I can text, get my email and chat on Messenger when I need to, I'm happy.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
We were at Verizon this weekend getting my wife a Blackberry. The sales guy kind of pushed us away from the HTC, he didn't elaborate he just said we wouldn't be happy. For whatever it's worth my wife was a little hestitant about the whole blackberry thing until she got it in her hands for a few hours. I expect in a few days she'll need rehab.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts