Just Labradors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking forward to see the doctor today. Cast was beginning to itchI was getting a new cast. Figured it would be a smaller one.

4p appointment. Got taken back about 5:15p. Took off the old cast which was mostly ace bandage. I have a Frankenfinger. There is what looks like a very large push pin stuck in the side. They removed the stitches. All 15 of them. Only stung a little. Most of the finger is numb. Took X rays.

Doctor looked at the finger. Said it looked OK. Still can't do anything w/ left arm. I see a physical terrorist for it 3x a week starting next week.

Then they put on the cast for the little finger. A real cast. Bigger than the first one. This one is made of fiberglass. I cant see my little finger. The cast goes over my wrist. It is very difficult to type two fingers with this Lobster claw hanging off my hand. And it already itches.

I am taking benadryl for the itch. I am still on Perqeset for the pain. Difficult to type. Can't even play w/ the dogs. Go back on 7th for next cast.

LD

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Wow, not at all what I expected and sounds like you were a tad surprised too. Did they say why the bigger cast? Didn't they realize that it interferes with your life??? What were they thinking.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Oh wow, Andy! :( I sure hope the next cast is measurably smaller and I pray the itching and pain stop completely.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Wow, not at all what I expected and sounds like you were a tad surprised too. Did they say why the bigger cast? Didn't they realize that it interferes with your life??? What were they thinking.:rolleyes:
Often times we put on a "temporary" cast/splint in the ER or OR with an original injury, this allows for swelling. Then a "regular" cast, i.e sturdier cast is placed on a later date, 4-7days, sometimes longer, date. Not sure if this is what happened Andy, just hope all heals well and soon. I can only guess how this is messing with your summer and life! Di

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Lobster claw - good description of your new gear. Your typing looks very nice in spite of it. :)
(How did those job interviews go?)

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
That's what I ended up with when I broke my wrist. My fingers worked, but my thumb was encased in the fiberglass. Having a cast in the summer sucks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts