Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
I will print it & read it. Some friends from our lab club are not vaccinating like they used to. They go to a different vet who does vaccines different & they never get more then one at a time. She says they pay for another visit because they prefer not to get more then one booster at a time. And I believe they do not get yearly ones any more.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Just saw this. Can't WAIT to read it! Thanks for posting!

I was planning to do titers this year for both boys. Angus just has too much trouble with all those shots at once. It's happened two years in a row now, so it's definitely not a coincidence...

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Tank almost died from a badly administerd multiple vaccine injection....got shot right into a vein.

We only do rabies now and unfortunately for his to be a 3-year it would need to be done today and of course I am not going to do that. Dr. at A&M advised not to do it also. I doubt our county would take that into consideration. Oh well, what's one more dog expense at this point in time.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
I haven't read it in its entirety, but here are my questions from the skimming I have done:

Is this going to change the combination in which vaccines are offered? For example, my vet does not "split" the DHLPP vaccine. So, if you tested with low antibodies to one, you would have get everything included in the combo. Now that they are saying that with Parvovirus, for example, you only need to be vaccinated every three years...does that mean that it will become standard to break it out of the combo?

So, am I understanding correctly that they do not feel it is even necessary to titer for those vaccines that have a longer DOI?

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
The Texas Tank said:
We only do rabies now and unfortunately for his to be a 3-year it would need to be done today and of course I am not going to do that.  Dr. at A&M advised not to do it also.  I doubt our county would take that into consideration. 
You should be able to have Tank's doctor write a little note to send in to the county regarding a "vaccine waiver" due to health reasons.

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Thanks Dani! I'll have to read this over... perfect timing as Henery's due for his annual exam next month!

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
CaliforniaLabLover said:
The Texas Tank said:
We only do rabies now and unfortunately for his to be a 3-year it would need to be done today and of course I am not going to do that.  Dr. at A&M advised not to do it also.  I doubt our county would take that into consideration. 
You should be able to have Tank's doctor write a little note to send in to the county regarding a "vaccine waiver" due to health reasons.   
My vet told me good luck with the county.........don't care - not going to do vaccine at this point in time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts