Just Labradors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all !

This is my first time on the forum and here are my questions...

My Toby was neutered last Friday and came home on Saturday. Everything went well and he is "crazy" like always.
The only thing now, he is loosing his hair so much more then before the neuter. Is this a coincidence or has it something to do with the hormones ?

The other thing is the Vet used surgical glue and told me Toby has to wear the big round collar for two weeks :eek:.
Does it really take two weeks to heal ? Toby hates this collar so much.

Thanks for reading and maybe someone has experiences with this.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Welcome...It doesn't take 2 weeks to heal...but if they bother the stitches it could take longer. Are they disolvable stitches or ones that need removing? I think you can give Toby a break with the cone if you watch him closely to make sure he's not picking at the stitches.

Shedding is probably more frequent right now because it's spring time. Labs blow their coats twice a year...once in the spring and once in the fall...his neuter really has nothing to do with that. :)

Good luck...he looks like a cutie.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Also some people swear that a dog going under anesthesia will cause it to blow coat also. I'm not sure if I agree with that, but many people swear its so. :)

G

·
labby said:
Also some people swear that a dog going under anesthesia will cause it to blow coat also. I'm not sure if I agree with that, but many people swear its so. :)
Makes sense to me since it happens to people when they have surgery and undergo anesthesia. There is a lot more hair in the brush for a few weeks after general anesthesia.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts