Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nellie had her first follow up with the radiation oncologist this morning. They x-rayed her chest which I questioned. Dr. Boshovan said that if the cancer comes back it will be nodules in the chest. Thank God she was clean. He said she is doing well and may never get hair back in the center of the radiation site but hair is growing back around the edges at this point.

The bad news: SHE GAINED 4 POUNDS IN 3 MONTHS. :embarrass: She now weighs almost 100 pounds and I got a lecture. She should weigh about 90 pounds. Oh ****. What are we going to do. I can't cut her food back any further and I can't give her the exercise she needs right now.

T

·
0 Posts
Thanks God she's clean!! Don't worry so much about the 4lbs, that can be lost, things are looking good. Always thinking and praying for Nellie!!

·
Registered
692 Posts
I'd rather have her fat than have cancer! Tell the vet she gained weight when she had her treatment - that you couldn't resist spoiling her sweet face with treats when she was having a rough time :)

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Oh I know how relieved you must be!
Don't worry too much about that weight right now. It will come off readily enough when you can begin exercising her regularly again.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Yay!!!

I'd second the recommendation to do green beans in place of a small amount of kibble, it works like a dream :happy:

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
kal3idoscope said:
Phew! Good news that she is clear. :D

Have you tried getting rid of a little kibble and putting something like green beans in place of some of it?
LOL She's been on green beans for years.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Excellent news Danie, I am thrilled to hear that Nellie had clear results....don't worry about Nellie's little Christmas excess, she'll soon shed that when shes up to walking a little further...either that or she should don her leg warmers and do the Jane Fonda workout video twice a week ~lol :laugh:

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
That is really good to hear!!!

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Oh that is such wonderful news - love it. On the food - yes you can do it. I have cut Tank back and have felt bad but knowing what good comes with it I can do it. Now if someone would just feel that way and do something about what I eat :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts