Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I haven't posted much.

two days ago I found another lump on Nellie's stomach while I was brushing her. It does not feel like a lipoma but like the cancerous lump I found last August. I am furious at the vet oncologist who we saw 3 weeks ago. I'm sure the lump was there when he checked her out.

Anyway, I am trying to decide what to do. If it is cancer that means it has metasticized (sp). If so I will not put her through trying to save her again since it would be futile and painful for her. Not sure what I am doing right now. If it is nothing but a bug bite (which it could be since she has been laying in the grass a lot) it will go away if it is cancer I don't know if I am prepared.

Danie

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Oh no. Prayers that it's only a bug bite. Oh please, God.

Have you taken her in to get it checked yet?

·
Registered
21,292 Posts
I hope that you are wrong Danie ! Best wishes for our beautiful girl !

You know - don't be too hard on the vet ! I know my pups like the back of my hand , but only because I smother them with loving attention !

I fail to see how a cursory examination by a concerned observer can be better then an owners knowledge ?

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Prayers for Nellie. I hope it is just a bite.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
I hope that you are wrong Danie ! Best wishes for our beautiful girl !

You know - don't be too hard on the vet ! I know my pups like the back of my hand , but only because I smother them with loving attention !

I fail to see how a cursory examination by a concerned observer can be better then an owners knowledge ?[/
QUOTE]

Sorry to hear this.

Colin - I would hope that my vet would be looking for this type of thing, especially if my dog went thru what Nellie did.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Best wishes and thoughts possible for Nellie. I hope that you are just paranoid and over protective of your baby. Here's hoping for a bug bite.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.