Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think Nellie had a petite mal seizure this morning. I woke up at 5 a.m. She was standing by her bed trying to move and unable to. She was swaying like she was drunk. I hugged her and she wagged her tail. Had to go outside immediately. She has been fine since then.

I spoke to the vet and asked if the Frontline Plus could have caused this. She had not been treated in a year. We are going to the beach and it was suggested I treat her once before going. He said there is growing evidence that flea and tick treatments can cause seizures.

I will not be using anything from now on.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Aww. Poor girl. Hope she's okay. Good that you were so alert and ready to react.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Awww poor girl. That makes me sad. :(

·
Registered
601 Posts
I hope Nellie will be okay!!
You know when I put Lucky's frontline on her a few weeks ago she would not do ANYTHING for a day. She just layed in her crate and that was that. She's fine now, but I don't know if I'll be using frontline anymore!!

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about Nellie, I sure hope she's feeling better now!

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Sending good thoughts.
Having JUST gone through this with Kramer I have researched it to death and talked it over with several professionals. In veterinary, holistic and nutrition fields. It seems that in petite type seizures there have beens some studies and some success with linking cold water fish (trout salmon) (diet) in reduction of seizures. Also with spirulina supplementation.
So I had to find a link between cold water fish and spirulina. Both are very high in EFA's.
I could go on and on...
I was also told about people having really good succes with choline and Greenalina. That used together reduced effects of heart murmur (kramer also has) and seizures....

...who knows...its all food for though.

Good thoughts to Nellie.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
I'm sorry Danie, you and Nellie have been through so much lately! Here's hoping for less exciting times in your near future.

·
Registered
9,429 Posts
I'm glad she's OK now.
I haven't used any flea meds on any of mine last year or this year. They haven't had any fleas or ticks, don't know why. I keep going through their coats with a flea comb to check - no sign of them.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Poor Nellie

She is so beautiful, one of my favorites on the
board !
I am going to take my guys off frontline and try
the Bug Off Garlic. They have never had any
problems with the frontline, I just would rather
not use strong chemicals if I dont have to.
Hope she feels better soon !

1 - 20 of 28 Posts