Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As someone here called him "The Little Snot" has not ridden his scooter in 2 days. The police had a little chat with his mother and took a look at his scooter. Momma tried to confront me 2 nights ago. "I just want to get your side of the story." Oh yeah, I told her we had nothing to discuss and to just KEEP YOUR CHILD AWAY FROM ME AND MY DOG. He has been hanging around the front of my house each evening but won't make eye contact. LOL
-----------
I'm still fuming. A new child in the neighborhood who is home schooled tried to run Nellie over with a mini-motorcycle. When I told him what I thought of him he went home to complain to momma who sent him back to tell me he could do anything he wants because I don't own the sidewalk or streets. We'll see about that. The police have already been over there and are going back. The kid is in elementary school and its illegal to ride a bike like that without a drivers license and tags on the bike. He's going to make a charming adult; what a rude little brat. :mad:

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Re: Nellie almost got run over by a motorcycle

nellies mom said:
I'm still fuming. A new child in the neighborhood who is home schooled tried to run Nellie over with a mini-motorcycle. When I told him what I thought of him he went home to complain to momma who sent him back to tell me he could do anything he wants because I don't own the sidewalk or streets. We'll see about that. The police have already been over there and are going back. The kid is in elementary school and its illegal to ride a bike like that without a drivers license and tags on the bike. He's going to make a charming adult; what a rude little brat. :mad:
I'm betting he didn't have a helmut on either.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts

nellies mom said:
He's going to make a charming adult; what a rude little brat. :mad:

I wouldn't worry about it. He probably will be jailed before he is an adult.

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Unbelievably he was wearing a helmut but the kid was breaking every rule and law around.

·
Registered
16,472 Posts

With a momma telling him he could do anything, no wonder he's like that.

What a jerk. Glad Nellie is safe.

K

·
0 Posts

Kids like that need to be IN school (private or public) just to learn that not all people are like their parents and they CAN do good things in this world

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

LabMommyKathryn said:
Kids like that need to be IN school (private or public) just to learn that not all people are like their parents and they CAN do good things in this world
Especially since the elementary, junior high, and senior high close by are among the best in the country.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts

Time to string a line across the sidewalk

·
Registered
28,830 Posts

Little SNOT!
He probably only wears the helmet because it's cool gear.
Little SNOT!!

·
Registered
4,419 Posts

zoesmom said:

That's why he is the way he is.... also, he's probably being home schooled because they threw him OUT of public schools !

Melissa
;)

·
Registered
8,752 Posts

Ugh!! I hate [email protected] kids like that... what makes it worse is that mom obviously doesn't give a rat's @ss either.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts

Ugh!! People should have to apply for a license to have a child. What a great contribution to society they both are - mother and son. :mad:

·
Registered
7,352 Posts

Another Apeman in the making. You wonder why they have no respect when the parents don't teach it. I would call the cops every time you see him on it and take pictures.

·
Registered
9,503 Posts

4yelloweyedogs said:
zoesmom said:

That's why he is the way he is.... also, he's probably being home schooled because they threw him OUT of public schools !

Melissa
;)
No doubt... unreal. Im so happy Nellie is ok.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts

LabMommyKathryn said:
Exactly! The other kids will teach him a few things about manners and take him down a few pegs. He wouldn't be so darn cocky if Mommy wasn't there to protect him all the time!

·
Registered
10,345 Posts

I'm glad Nellie is ok. As a high school teacher I have dealt with my share of kids and the worst ones are those whose mommies and daddies think their little Johnny or Suzie can do no wrong. Those are the ones I would like to have the opportunity to paddle a time or two.

Everytime I saw the little snot I'd call the cops when he was on the bike.

labs4life said:
nellies mom said:
He's going to make a charming adult; what a rude little brat. :mad:

I wouldn't worry about it. He probably will be jailed before he is an adult.
Or dead beacuse he smarted off to the wrong person.

·
Registered
68 Posts

My parents live in a gated community. There are two young men between the ages of 11 and 13 (brothers) who used to ride their mopeds or whathaveyou down my parents street (it's a cul-de-sac). They lived a street or two over and their parents told them to ride them somewhere else where they didn't have to hear them. My Father was outside working on his truck (mind you, my Father is in his 60s) and these two boys drive by and go "Look at that fat a__, bet he can't even get up!" My Father smirked and they drove by. Well every day they'd drive by and finally my Father couldn't get his work done (he is an Architect) because he works from home and the noise was driving him crazy. He went out and stood in the middle of the street when they were driving by and he had to dive out of the way because the kid almost ran over him. The next time they rode by (which was about 5 minutes later) my father said "Boys, can you please ride your bikes elsewhere?" They said "F____ you old man!" They came back a little bit later with BASEBALL bats. They stopped their bike in my Parents driveway to look for my Dad and if the neighbor wasn't outside, I'm sure they would have done something. My Dad called the Police on them and they didn't do anything because they were a Police officers children! :eek: But Dad called the Sheriffs office and they did do something then :)

Moral of my story? Children have no respect these days (and I am only in my 20s) but I knew better than to do those kinds of things when I was a child. Parents aren't teaching their children the necessary skills of disappointment and how to cope.

Edit: I'm so glad that you are BOTH okay :)

·
Registered
10,307 Posts

I think we all grew up and know that kids will try to get away with anything they can if they do not know a penalty is coming. I agree with everything that has been said here, and that today's parents seem to be a bit more permissive of their darlings that our parents were. But, I think each of us, adults not Lab owners, need to inform the parents on the first occurrence and not assume they know or condone.

Example; Previous dog contained to property with electric fence, allowed out to run free on the contained property. kid across the street would come over and throw rocks at the dog trying to hit him. I am sure he succeeded several times before I caught him at it. He would throw the rock, the dog would start to chase, and the kid would run outside the electric fence. The dog would stop before the boundary, barking and growling. The only person he ever did this to. I knocked on the neighbors door and related the behavior and told her that my concern was that the kid would fall on his escape and the dog would bite him or worse. The result is that our dog would have to be put to sleep when the kid was responsible. She got upset with what Itold her and told me that she would address it with her son. I decided to see what would happen in the coming days. That evening dad showed up at the door with son standing behind him. He informed me that the kid would be mowing my lawn for the rest of the summer, and if I could come up with any other boring hard work for him, he would do that also. The parents followed through, as did the kid. The kid and the dog became really good friends. These parents addressed the issue and came up with a good resolution. Not that i got my lawn mowed, but the kid learned that what he did was wrong and that there is a price to be paid.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts