Just Labradors banner

Need some opinions...

5K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  LuvBrown 
#1 ·
Now that Rufus is a year old, we are thinking about trying to learn how to start attending events. However, we don't want to waste our time if he is totally non show quality. We would like some help critiquing his build and appearance if you wouldn't mind.

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks for both your opinions! He was not sold to us for show quality, but with Champions on both sides we have been looking at the possibility. One side was show and one side was obedience, so we figured either way we would have a great dog and that has proved true so far. We get compliments on him all the time, which made us really think about getting him involved in events.

Thanks again!

#5 ·
He's a very nice looking Lab, but I don't think he'd be competitive in the show ring. I think I see a pretty good sized white splash on his chest? Not many judges would accept that - even though the standard allows for a small amount of white on the chest.

Did you consult with the breeder you got him from? That would be my first step. Do you belong to a Lab club in your area?

I assume you are NJ, but not sure where - there are a couple of clubs you could check out:

Mid Jersey - WELCOME TO MID-JERSEY LABRADOR RETRIEVER CLUB, INC

Jersey Skylands - Jersey Skylands Labrador Retriever Club, Inc.

#10 ·
First of all, for not being involved in conformation, you did a GREAT job at standing your boy so we could actually see him!! I agree with the others, he wouldn't be competitive in the conformation ring, but the performance events would definitely be an option :)

Is he already neutered?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.