Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so lola keeps throwing up and its just about the time we first feed her. like we feed her at 9-10am and sometimes right after she eats she throws up or a couple of hours after. but when we feed her the second time its about 6-7pm and shes fine no puke or anything. so i'm asking you what you guys think i should do? should i feed her once a day? feed her less?(i feed her about 2 cups each time) or should i change her food?

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
What food are you feeding and how old is Lola?

Is she doing any exercise between the time she eats in the morning and when she vomits?

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
I've heard of some dogs who get sick if they have an empty stomach normally they throw up right before eating in the AM or right after. I think they normally solved it by feeding them either a small meal or larger biscut right before bed.

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
I've heard of some dogs who get sick if they have an empty stomach normally they throw up right before eating in the AM or right after. I think they normally solved it by feeding them either a small meal or larger biscut right before bed.
I agree. This could be what is happening. Innova is very rich so if she has not eaten for 15 hours (7:00pm - 9:00am) the sudden impact on her stomach could be what is making her throw up.

My first suggestion would be to cut back from 4 cups. 3 cups a day (1 1/2 AM and PM) should be adequate because it is a high quality, ingredient dense food.

My second suggestion would be to give her a snack before bed. Then she won't be sitting on an empty stomach all night. A large dog biscuit or a few handles of her kibble (if you use the kibble make sure you subtract from her main meals) should work.

Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
but can that suddenly happen because wev'e been feeding her that since she was 3 months. so can i give her like and apple and some treats?

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
Molly did that when she was younger. I just divided her feedings into three meals with the last being around 9 p.m. No more throw up in the early morning. She had the "empty stomach syndrome."

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
I agree....3 cups of that food is plenty. Emma used to do this in the morning before her breakfast. So she got a couple of biscuits at night before bed, we would work on stays so i wasnt just passing out FREE stuff! It worked...no more throwing up.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Trickster said:
When did it start happening?

I would still cut back on the amount you are feeding and then feed a bed time snack.
i would say mid april. the thread maker is my g.f. but she was thing about maybe giving her some apples before her first meal and waiting maybe 10-20mins then giving her food.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts