Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my co-workers went running with her boy today, coming back he got two of his toes stuck in a grate. He paniced before she could get him free, long story short he's now huddled in a corner shaking and is non responsive. How can she get him out of the corner so she can take him to the vet?

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
Leash him up, and get a friend to help carry him. If they are worried about him snapping in fear or pain, a long dress sock or nylon stocking will make an impromptu muzzle.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Sure hope you were able to get some help for him. Please let us know if he was in shock or what or just terrible pain. Hugs to all.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As of tonight he is better. he's out of his corner, he's eaten, peed and pooped. Last I heard all 104lbs of him was in her lap. His paw is definitely swollen and he's not weighting it. Becasue of the emotional trauma she is holding off on taking him for X-rays until the morning. If the swelling is down and he's weighting the paw no x-rays. If it's still swollen etc I'll pick them up and bring them into my vet. She's very new to the area and doesn't have a vet yet. His name is Buster, he's a black male a little over a year.

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Glad he is doing better and I hope no trip to the vet is necessary because that would mean he is all better. Sounds like the boy was hurting pretty bad there for awhile...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts