Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my head has been itchy for like...well as long as I can remember. We'll say 6mts. I get sensitive "pimples" where my hairline starts and smaller bumps everywhere in the back of my head. and it itches.

Changed pillows two months ago. For the first two months I used dandruff shampoo with no luck. Then I went to my Redkin Soft for just under two months (one bottle's worth). no luck. SO then I went to JASON, no luck. I am now using President's Choice shampoo and no improvement.

If it were bed mites or bugs I assume I'd have spots everwhere. but it's only my head. I have a history of dandruff issues (dry scalp) but the dandruff shampoo always helped clear that up right away.

So far the only thought we've got is VERy dry scap. Dry basement apt (from winter heating).

HELP!

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Sounds like what I just went to a dermetolist about. I was told
I have a staph infection. You'll want to get meds for it. I asked how
I got it and he said its very common but caused by lots of things,
of course stress being in there, if you sweat in your sleep, etc....
Like you, I thought the shampoo's I was using was causing them
like maybe drying my head out. I also thought maybe it was a side
effect to my birth control pill I'm on.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Sorry I can't help........all I can think of is nits!!! and just thinking about them is making my head itch :-\

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
It could be the dry heat. Way back on LI when people were using kerosene heaters due to cost of oil heat, we had 2 kerosene heaters. Our house got so dry, I developed the worst case of dandruff ever. Never had it before that - or since.
The other thing it could be is an allergy. If I use shampoo or conditioner with a certain ingredient, (I can't spell it or I'd list it) I get itchy bumps all over my scalp. I actually figured it out by process of elimination so I know not to use any product that contains it. I gave up with the allergy tests. And they never would have come to this conclusion. I only did by writing down every ingredient in all the products and eliminating one by one the brands that gave me the bumps.
:)

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
See a doctor.. it could also be psoriasis. A shampoo with tar (neutrogena t-gel) would help with that.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I am thinking like Kelly.
Try a Tar shampoo
Neutragena T-gel is a great shampoo.
I lot of people don't realize that dandruff shampoo is not for everyday use. A hairdresser once told me to use it once a week and it will work better.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Lice does not leave bites. Do you see any white flacks that do not pull off with the tip of your finger. If you have to remove them with your finger nail from the shaft then its lice.

·
Registered
599 Posts
tea tree oil mixed with olive oil left on overnight will kill lice. You just have to get the nits out. If it is lice that is.
Lice is very easy to aquire. No shame in it. One can get it off a movie theater seat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts