Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My FIL has been in and out of the hospital for 6 weeks now - to rehab for about 2 hours, back to hospital, to NH, back to hospital, to apartment for 2 hrs, back to hospital. It all started with a fall at home, and snowballed into pnuemonia, failing kidneys, bleeding disorder, fx'd back (from another fall in the Nursing home right before they sent him home) , dehydrations, etc. Now the hospital says they can't do anything more for him, and he needs to go to a nursing home - probably forever. He is 88, and hasn't really been happy since MIL died 3 years ago. He is now mostly confused, although he does have lucid moments. They are talking feeding tube because he doesn't eat enough to keep himself going, and doesn't drink enough to keep from getting dehydrated. My SIL lives near him and has been running around for him for these past 6 weeks, and now they find out that BIL has prostate cancer - early detection and should do great - but they are just trying to get info and decide what course of treatment to get. SU is worried to death out here (in ohio - they are all in Conn) and his job is very bad right now - also worried about him even HAVING a job in the future (that's another story). I'm not asking for FIL to be "cured", but rather to be relieved of his suffering, however that might be. And maybe a word or two for SIL, BIL and SU. Wow! that's the most I've ever had to post asking for some good JL thoughts for family. Whatever you can spare.

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
I will keep them all in my prayers I hope there is some relief in the near future. It's so hard to see loved ones in trouble and not be able to help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts