Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remember our spare bedroom? The one Sam demolished with his "potty" problems? Remember how I hardcore cleaned it and then got a horrible cough sleeping in there almost two weeks ago?

I aired the room out for a week. I kept the door closed, but opened up both the windows and kept a fan going in there, and I've also been running the air filter plus have a febreeze plug in going.

I vacuumed the spare rug from the garage twice.

What else should I do to it? Dare I attempt another night in there? I've been camping in the living room since Lucky's surgery and doubly so since Sam gashed his leg. Lucky's starting to feel better, but we still don't want to risk her attempting to jump on to our bed so I'm still without my nice comfy bedroom for a bit longer until we feel its safe again for the pups. I don't mind sleeping on the air mattress, Shane don't mind because then he gets a full nights rest with no dogs waking him up at 6am cause they're all with me!!

Also I'm contemplating turning that spare bedroom into either a workout room, putting the wii in there, or making it into *gasp* a spare bedroom! What do you guys think? I need a project, Shane and his brother both have a new 360 game so they're occupying my living room and 2/3 tv's that are in here.

Our living room is not a living room, it is a glorified Gaming room. :D

We have the entertainment center which has the main tv that has my direct tv hooked up to it, and usually has my Wii on it. but right now it has Shane's brother's 360 on it so they can play games together via linking it with our super fast internet.
Across the room sits not one, but two tvs. The first one has our 360 on it. The one next to it has my Wii at the moment (that Phoenix is monopolizing right now) and ONE of the playstation 2's.
On the 3rd wall sits Shane's computer, my computer, and my laptop. We play a MMORPG which Shane plays on the 360, Phoenix plays on the ps2 in the living room, and I play on my computer. We do a lot of stuff together on the game and Phoenix really enjoys it.

So ANYWAY you can tell we have a LOT in our living room. Trying to decide what to do with our spare bedroom as well. :)

Our older gaming systems are scattered about the house, as they're not used as much and usually just drug out when somebody has a hankering for one.

So ideas? Suggestions? I think I threw a bunch of hodge podge in on my original question on what to do with my spare bedroom!! :D

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it still carpeted?
There is still a bit of carpeting along the wall that I couldn't get tore up. The rest was tore up and I put the rug down on the wood floor after mopping it a whole bunch with scalding hot water and pine sol.

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
oh ... so it appears that the violence Sam unleashed on your spare room (lol) has seeped into the wood floors?

Have you tried washing the walls? Washing the curtains if there are some? I'd be repainting the walls probably..... smell gets into walls more than you think!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sam has unleashed violence EVERYWHERE Sarah haven't you figured that out yet? LOL

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Turn the spare room into the game room and make your living room a *gasp* living room! ;)
They won't all fit in there! Or I would! I think Shane and Phoenix would die if I put all those systems in that little bedroom!!

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
I would Craigs List the older sysytems and go down to the ones you really use all the time. We got a Wii for Christmas and haven't used it in months. I was doing Wii fit a lot until my neck got screwed up. It's been great since April but it's nice out now so we spend our time outside. I would move the systems into the smaller room.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't see the 360's being moved. :D I'll get veto'd on that one!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay I think I know what I'm going to do with it.

I'm going to move my computer in there since I'm taking a break from our MMO anyway, and I'm also going to move the wii and a tv in there as well.

Now lets just hope I got it cleaned well enough so it doesn't make me sick in there!!!

If there's room I may toss my ab lounge in there as well....I wonder if I should paint it?!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts