Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Ok funny subject...well it kinda is now but it wasn't at the time. DH and I put up one but it was bigger and had the sides on it. It was awesome...we had a blast using it until the weekend was over and we had to take it down.

We both start in unhooking, unsnapping and it was breezy that day too. Well I was just going to town getting my part done and then DH started to holler! Apparently in his opinion I took the hooks off too soon and the wind started to take the thing away...well lets just say the rest of the weekend and a few more days was very quiet.

Then last year he said something about putting up that "thing" that almost cost us a divorce :D

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok funny subject...well it kinda is now but it wasn't at the time. DH and I put up one but it was bigger and had the sides on it. It was awesome...we had a blast using it until the weekend was over and we had to take it down.

We both start in unhooking, unsnapping and it was breezy that day too. Well I was just going to town getting my part done and then DH started to holler! Apparently in his opinion I took the hooks off too soon and the wind started to take the thing away...well lets just say the rest of the weekend and a few more days was very quiet.

Then last year he said something about putting up that "thing" that almost cost us a divorce :D
Thats hilarious! I can imagine the thing taking flight - TOO funny!!

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
My serious advice is to get one that has the hole in the top of the tent to allow for wind breakage or whatever the real technical term is.

Otherwise, you're just begging for pent pole legs and torn canopy with the first strong winds.

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
We have two 10x10 ez-ups. We shopped around and ended up buying them at a swap meet (brand new, ez-up brand, in rolling cases). They are just like the one you posted, and we like them.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
I've used the EZ ups for years at agility trials. They are STURDY. Buy yourself four of the BIG tent stakes for the corners, and the wind will not blow them down. I've had mine up in all kinds of conditions and it's worked fine. I also bought the side pieces so I can enclose it (sometimes driving rain storms are a pain... and I want my dogs to be dry at trials).

I can put these up by myself. Although it is easier with 2 people, but honestly you can do it alone.

I got mine on sale at Dicks Sporting Goods for $60.00 and the side panels added up to around $80 for the whole thing.

It is HEAVY. That's the one drawback. If you have to lug it very far, they do have the cases on wheels now (mine doesn't have wheels, I just lug it).

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've used the EZ ups for years at agility trials. They are STURDY. Buy yourself four of the BIG tent stakes for the corners, and the wind will not blow them down. I've had mine up in all kinds of conditions and it's worked fine. I also bought the side pieces so I can enclose it (sometimes driving rain storms are a pain... and I want my dogs to be dry at trials).

I can put these up by myself. Although it is easier with 2 people, but honestly you can do it alone.

I got mine on sale at Dicks Sporting Goods for $60.00 and the side panels added up to around $80 for the whole thing.

It is HEAVY. That's the one drawback. If you have to lug it very far, they do have the cases on wheels now (mine doesn't have wheels, I just lug it).
Thanks for the info. Think I will go with the EZ up. I'm going to check out Dicks Sporting Goods this weekend and see what I can get. Great to know about the tent stakes too!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts