Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! I'm drawing a blank. My daughter is building a castle for a school project due on Wed. Where can I find little medievel figures (knights, horses, etc)?

UPDATE - I've tried hobby shops and Toys R Us. No one has any medievel figures. Toys R Us has TONS of stuff on line but the store doesn't carry it. ::)

What am I going to do? This is due tomorrow. :(

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Re: need ideas for a school project

Try hobby stores.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

oh good ideas! I knew I could count on you.

I'm just fried. The kids only had 1 week to do this project and its a very extensive project. In addition, my dad and his wife are coming to visit next week and I'm in the process of remodeling the house. I'm lucky I remember my own name at this point. There are times during the day where I catch myself staring into space and drooling on myself. :-\

·
Registered
5,268 Posts

I've seen those figures in A.C. Moore (craft store) - I'm assuming if you don't have one of those nearby, that perhaps Michael's or Joanne's might carry them.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bumping

·
Registered
578 Posts
Are there any board games with medieval themes-or something that could pass as medieval? Maybe you could buy one of those and just use the game pieces. Maybe a chess board??

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
I was thinking about Leggos too they have little kits to make dragons and stuff I think they normally come with a small character too.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
depending on the scale, legos and playmobile both have those sorts of character sets.

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Oh gosh, my daughter is starting that project in the next week or so! I'm not looking forward to it.

Have you tried Target? They sell some castles and such.

Good luck.

G

·
Look for toys called Playmobile.

Call up toysrus and ask them if they carry it. I know ours does. My sons got this for christmas at our toys ru us

G

·
What about googling stuff like "knights clip art" ect. and gluing the pictures on card board and making little cardboard people.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
dweck said:
How about cutting them out of a deck of cards?
I like this idea. Just make little toothpick people and paste cut-out faces from a deck of cards on them!

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
cutting out pictures and/or cards may be the way to go. Thanks!

Toys r Us had absolutely zero in the way of anything knight related. Pirates are the toy of today. ::) I thought for sure they would have the Lego castles and such but nope...have to order those on line and I don't have time to do that. :(

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
dweck said:
Well I certainly hope you learned something, young lady, about leaving assignments until the last minute!!!

{/Mike Brady voice}
hehe...they only gave us 1 week. I thought the actual castle was a little more important than the stuff that goes inside. ;)

We did finish it last night at 11. I wish I could take off work and go see all the castles today. I did see one other one. These kids are VERY creative.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts