Just Labradors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called last night Lipa about a wire that's about up to my head outside my driveway, today I noticed nothing was done, it's still very, very low...I called them and they said that they came by, but it's a Verizon number and that I'll have to call them, I call them and Verizon 24 hours numbers all get sent over to Sprint, I don't know what else to do, we have kids that go to the 7-11 by my house and if they decide to hang on it or if something happens I don't want to know what's going to happen, who else can I call?

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
It's a Verizon number or a Verizon line? If it's a phone line, then you can hang on to that all you want. If you've called them, then I'd wait and see what they're going to do. As long as the electricity company has looked at it and said it's not their line (or any electricity line), I would be less concerned.

·
Registered
7,901 Posts
Call your local police and tell them you have a downed wire. Tell them you have 2 babies and you are afraid to go to your car. Maybe they will better direct you.

I'd absolutely need confirmation from someone it isn't live and dangerous.

I'm guessing if it is a phone line it isn't dangerous? I have no idea. If there is a chance it is dangerous - call the town or the county as well.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lipa says it's definitely Verizon, just called my dad to ask him if it's high electric going through it, he says it's not as much as a Lipa line, so I said, so if anyone hangs on it, they're just be half dead LOL.

Seriously, my concern is some kids hanging on it, I don't think they can walk into it, not unless they're my SU's height.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Lipa says it's definitely Verizon, just called my dad to ask him if it's high electric going through it, he says it's not as much as a Lipa line, so I said, so if anyone hangs on it, they're just be half dead LOL.

Seriously, my concern is some kids hanging on it, I don't think they can walk into it, not unless they're my SU's height.
If it is a phone line the voltage and amprage through it are fairly low and safe unless you stick your tongue on it.

How ever if you were to take a shotgun and shoot it in half, it won't work no more and Verizon would move it higher on the list.;)

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
Call your local police and tell them you have a downed wire. Tell them you have 2 babies and you are afraid to go to your car. Maybe they will better direct you.

I'd absolutely need confirmation from someone it isn't live and dangerous.

I'm guessing if it is a phone line it isn't dangerous? I have no idea. If there is a chance it is dangerous - call the town or the county as well.
I agree. Then they would probably move it higher up the "list."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts