Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ash was unwell yesterday morning, she was a lethargic, vomited and when offered food she just went to sleep. So I took her straight to the vet and left her there for them to run some tests. This morning she had surgery to remove a stick from her intestines, it had perforated her intestines so she will be at the vets for a few days and has to be watched closely over the next few days for any signs of infection.


Ash is 9 years old and has never eaten anything non edible (but I guess everything is edible to a lab:p), she will eat anything dead and rotten but I have no idea why she would suddenly eat a stick:confused::confused:

Edited..........Have just been to the vets to visit Asha, she has had a big surgery and did not even react to me but is very drugged. Saw the stick which was actually a skinny looking twig!! It was about 10cm long and about the thickness of a match!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,990 Posts
Oh poor Asha. Kirsten, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope Miss Ahsa has a quick and uneventful recovery from her surgery.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,457 Posts
Prayers and good thoughts for a quick healing and no infections for Asha, and (((hugs))) for you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,695 Posts
Prayers for you and Asha.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,424 Posts
Poor Asha, and poor you! Happy healing thoughts for you both.

Naughty Naughty Asha!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,082 Posts
Good thoughts coming at the girl. Hope she is right as rain quickly and munching on a roo foot rather than wood.
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top