Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went out and bought a laptop and wireless router. Got everything hooked up and when I launched Internet Explorer it automatically installed a Google toolbar and thanked me.

I don't want the google toolbar and I don't know how to get ridm of it or go back to the standard IE toolbar.

Any suggestions?

TIA

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Go into Control Panel, then Uninstall a Program (for Vista, Add/Remove Programs for XP) and click on Google Toolbar.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Open IE, go to 'View' and select "Toolbars"..... uncheck the Google toolbar.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is no "view" (or anything where view/tools/favorites etc. normally is). I went in to uninstall it through programs like Nick suggested, but got a message that asked if I was sue I wanted to remove this since Toshiba installed it. Since it's a Toshiba laptop, I'm not sure.

My friend is going to help me tomorrow to uninstall the trial software that I'll never use and also create a rescue disk for me. I'll ask him about it.

I hate feeling so stupid about these things...

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
To see your File/Edit/View etc like you see in Garth's pic, go over to the right to Tools and select "Menu Bar". Then it should appear. Then you should be able to go to view and unselect the google toolbar.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts