Just Labradors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brodie is on Nutro and does very well on it. However watching a vet the news scared me. I called my vet and she told me to take him off it STAT if I felt there was a problem. It is only the dry food which is consodered to have 12 percent moisture (wet). However this vet said 66 percent kidney funnction could be gone before a problem shows up. I do not want to hurt him with a immediate switch I also do not want to harm him for continuing to give it. The news broadcaster said sadly the dogs lost are conidered property not family. I beg to differ I have had the little guy for 9 yrs and his is family. I d not buy the stove toys or hug the stove. THE STOVE IS PROPERTY BRODIE IS FAMILY.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The vet that was holding the new conference said that the dry food is affected because it is condsidered to be 12% wet. I have no idea if this guy was accredited or quack off the street. However he had nothing good to say about Nutro at this time. After this clears it fine. However he was stating untill this blows over he would get the dog off the food. My vet also felt that the recall was not over and more may come out of it. This all may be on the side of extreme caution. However Brodie appears in no distress. Not that his stoic little butt would show it untill to late anyway.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Got this off the Nutro site, home page :
This recall applies to certain wet food only.
No dry Nutro pet foods, biscuits or treats are impacted by this matter and no other canned or pouch products are subject to this recall. Nutro's dry dog and dry cat foods are produced at Nutro's company owned manufacturing sites in Tennessee and California.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
If it still worries you, switch to a Nutro with no wheat. My dogs eat the chicken, rice, and oatmeal for sensitive stomachs--no corn or wheat products.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.