Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys, my puppy sakura is 2 months old now and she weigh 5 kilos, is it a normal weight for my 2 month old puppy? shes not a fast eater, she consume her food gradually, eat a little then walk, play and sleep then when she woke up eat again then play and sleep.. she consumes 500 grams of dog food in 3 to 3 and half day..

she is very active, loves to jump and run all over the house.. i need advice.. thanx..

·
Registered
128 Posts
Maui was around 17 pounds at 9 weeks. Not sure how that translates. I think you are probably a little low but i think 5 kilos is somewhere around 10 pounds...?

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
5kgs is about 11lbs which sounds just right. They all grow at different rates.

500 grams sounds like a lot of food for an 8 week old pup. That is about 5 cups. My dogs were definitely not eating that much at that age. Your pup may need that amount in a few months time to support her growth but it does seem like an awful lot for now. What guidelines did your breeder give you for feeding?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My breeder told me to give her 3 cups a day.. but my sister sometimes just put some food on his bowl without measuring..

thanx for the advice guys.. i guess i dont have to worry.. maybe she is so active, because my vet told me that my puppy is so active, maybe thats why shes not that heavy =)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm afraid that we have a bit of a chunker on our hands. At almost 9 weeks, Bentley was 19.8 pounds. The vet isn't overly concerned, but we'll definitely be keeping a close eye on him and make sure that he evens out as he starts to grow a bit more. He eats just over a cup of food 3x a day and as we continue to wean him off of his current food and onto a grain-free food (which seems to be working well with his digestive system), that amout will decrease a bit.

I do love that little puppy belly ;)

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Does she get 500g (5 cups) of food per day, or over 3 to 3.5 days?? ???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts