Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have this huge camera that I do not want to lug around vegas with. I want to buy a small point and shoot that I can carry in my purse. I figure once vegas is over, I can keep this in my purse for all those moments I wished I had a camera but didnt. I want something fairly cheap, small, and takes decent pictures. Any ideas?

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
I have an Olympus Stylus 1010 and LOVE it. It's super small, great megapixels, even the digital zoom gives clear, steady shots, good battery life. My parents liked it so much my Dad asked for one for Christmas :)

I think it's around $300. I had a Sony Cybershot before and hated it - crappy battery life, poor photo quality. My friend has a Canon and likes it (I forget what their small ones are called...).

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
We bought Brendan's step mom a Canon A590 for Christmas. It's a really nice little camera.

There is also a A1000IS.

She is really happy with it. It takes great shots.

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
I'm partial to the Pentax W series (I think the current model is the W60) because they are waterproof. I use them for my site inspections and have had excellent results from them and don't have to worry about them getting wet or dusty.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
How about a cheapo throw-away? I've heard they take pretty good pics and you can't beat the price.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Look at the CANON SD1100. I think it has a lithium battery. I have a Canon A560, uses 2 AA batteries. If you get a Canon that uses AA batteries, by a rechargeable battery thingy because it really goes through batteries. Also the SD1100 fits in pockets better. While mine (or the one Labby is considering), can fit into jean pockets, it's a bit bulky.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
i love my nikon coolpix. it takes great pictures and is small. i think you can find one in your price range. also it has the lithium battery.

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
Love love love my older PowerShot (it's a Canon). I've had it for 5/6 years and I love it, still.

I would definitely check around online and at Costco/Sam's club.

This is the site that I got my camera from: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/shop/8612/Point_and_Shoot.html

They have a bunch of Canon's that are around the price range you are looking for.

Just be sure to get something with good optical zoom. ;)

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
I have several cameras & they all serve a purpose, :D but for something to throw in my purse...just in case. I have the Nikon Coolpix & it takes nice quality pictures. It's so much smaller than my Canon Rebel & the Canon Power Shot. I liked my Olympus C-740 but I had it out on a damp rainy day...it has not worked right since. :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts