Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't want to sound like baby, and with many people or their familys with much worse problems on JL I feel kinda silly - but you guys are my "good health" vibe people, so here goes. I tore my left knee meniscus about 6 years ago. After it got better it was good for several years, then last December it started acting up again. I've had another MRI and x-ray, which shows it is worse, another small tear in the other side of the knee, and much worse arthritis. I've had 2 shots in it, but now it is really bad , walking is pretty painful, and sleeping is almost impossible because it "doesn't like to lay down". So I think I am going to have to buckle down and have surgery. My job also depends on me being able to be on my feet all day and assure the safety of the patients that I work with. So, if you could spare just a few good thoughts for surgery, that would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Don't think you're sounding like a baby!!

I've had surgery on my shoulder twice so I know how scarey and how much pain you're in!!

Good thoughts coming your way! Ice is your friend after the surgery!! Are they doing a block on you? I don't know if they can do it on knees. They did one after my shoulder that numbed up my shoulder for 24-38? hours I think it was.

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
You have my good thoughts and prayers. I know how hard it is to be on your feet all day with a bad knee. I asked my doctor for a sleeping aid to take on nights that the knee is really hurting. Just being able to get a good nights sleep helps me get through the next day.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
I think this a pretty legitimate request;). Sending some good surgery thoughts your way. I'm sorry to hear that you are in pain, and I hope it takes care of it.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Bad knees suck! You'll be in my prayers for successful surgery and a quick recovery.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Prayers and good thoughts that the surgery goes perfectly, that you heal quickly and have no more pain.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Lots of good thoughts coming your way. I hope you heal up soon, and get your quality of life back.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
I can completely sympathize!! If it's worth anything, know that I had my knee re-done after an injury, and the 'new' left knee is not only better than it was, it's now better than the 'old' right knee!!

PT is long and tough, but well worth it.

Prayers for you....

1 - 20 of 34 Posts