Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A 12 step program for all the cold meds I have been on. I've been sick with the mother of all chest colds since December 26 and have gone through 6 boxes of Dayquil, a bottle of Robitussin, and a box of Nyquil. I'm so **** tired of coughing all day long - even with all the OTC meds I am on. And that's on top of my asthma meds.

I can't even have a simple phone conversation without coughing up my left lung. Blah.

That's all - carry on.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Do you have allergies? I went for my shots last week and he has seen quite a few people with similar symptoms that are lingering

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Have you gone to the doctor??

When Cameron had a terrible cough, as in, he couldn't go two minutes without coughing, they ended up putting him on a strong cough medicine that did wonders. It was a narcotic of some sort.

I hope you feel better soon.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I hope you feel better soon. We had that stuff last month. We all ended up getting steroid shots and a prescription.

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope - no doctors yet for me. I think I will call him in the morning. I was actually quite a bit better mid week last week - did a long trip for work - 6 hours driving in one day. But by Saturday I was in really bad shape again. It's hard to tell when I have a cold how sick I really am because the asthma ramps up the symptoms. So I focus on symptom control and try to wait it out. I hate being on antibiotics every time.

But now I am coughing so very hard that I am throwing up. Not a good thing.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
They make these cough pills (Tussin? something like that) by prescription that are a godsend. It was the only thing that stopped Denny's cough when he had pneumonia. Codeine with cough syrup is always good too but hard to function after a swig of that stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts