Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh Nathan! Where fore art thou Nathan? (OK- I'm just a teensy bit drunk)

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Hi! (I feel like I am missing an inside joke. Pat, how are my name and your drunkenness related?)

Eric PM'd me--I swear I'm not Googling my own name! I'm around, but trying to focus. Things are very stressful here. I had to take on a lot of work that I previously had been sending to freelancers, and now there are rumors that my entire program will be eliminated in an enormous round of budget cuts later in the year. So I'm having to do a lot of work to try to prevent that from happening. Bad times for schools. Meanwhile I applied for another job (I mentioned it here last month) but that's moving at a snail's pace, so there probably won't be any news on that for a month or so. But I'm still employed for now, so that puts me ahead of a lot of other people, and for that I'm grateful.

So how's everybody? I miss anything? :gum:

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
theoconbrio said:
I miss anything? :gum:
Um. I think we have a new president...

Glad to have you back in the fold. I tried calling you forth w/some (bad) verse a couple of weeks back, but it failed to summon you. Maybe I'd forgotten to brush my teeth that morning.

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
dweck said:
Um. I think we have a new president...
Huh. Maybe that would explain this, which mysteriously appeared on my computer while I was at work.

It's weird, I always figured Theo for a Republican.

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
For anyone who's following along at home: I got a job interview! It's for a job I'm not sure I'd want if I got it, but right now it's really good to be able to hold out some hope.

Back into my cave. See you later.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Hi Nathan!! :D
Wait. Who are you again???

Congrats on the interview!

Eric PM'd me--I swear I'm not Googling my own name!
At least he didn't track you down and call your boss at work to see if you were OK. :whistle:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts