Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
Did you see the pictures I posted earlier this week? She and her brother and her (apparently) long lost twin had a blast at the OSPCA fun day last Sunday... we've just started our third round of agility classes, and are hoping to get her ready for her first trial in September. (We're up to 4 obstacles in sequence now)

Right now she (and Kaylie and Tristan) are flopped out in front of the AC, trying to keep cool)

Pictures from the other thread..

Sophie and her brother playing freeze-tag.. they were frozen in a border collie stare-off for nearly a minute.

Sophie and Duncan (her brother) sharing a stick.

Posing

Sophie and her new little friend, a 6 month old cattledog x JRT mix (?)... seperated at birth?

There's that patented border collie stare...

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awwwww!! Thanks for reposting the pics. I totally missed that thread, I'm sorry I did. She is big now!! Well, not big big, but you know what I mean! She's not that cute weeny little pupster anymore from last summer that's for sure!! It's nice to see her with her brother too. How is her sister doing btw? I think of that dog often too.

Her twin is cool!! They do look ALOT alike, right down to colouring! Crazy!

And is it just me, or is her brother a touch bigger? How many other siblings do you still get to see?

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
She's just a shade under 21 inches (thank heavens, and hopefully she'll stay there - otherwise she'll be jumping 26 inches, way way too high). Her brother is a fair bit taller, but not as stocky as we all thought he was going to be.

Her sister has stabilized, and caught up to her siblings in size and strength. Her perma-foster/owner spends way way too much money home-cooking meals (Sally has innumerable food sensitivities, and is on a ridiculously elaborate 'safe' diet, and thus will likely stay with her foster forever - very few owners will commit to following 15 years of highly-restrictive, expensive homemade dog food...). Said foster mom is highly experienced in caring for special needs animals, and has had a series of 'last chance' fosters that were expected to die shortly - most live for months or even years. Like her 10-plus year old bunny, which must be a record of some kind.

Sally is in the same agility class with Sophie - there's another brother in town, Archie, but the family doesn't keep in touch as much as Duncan's family does. I'm hoping we can have a 'reunion' for their first birthday, around the middle of this month.

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's so great that the sister caught up to everyone. Glad to hear she pulled through. I think a reunion would be a lot of fun, I hope it can get going.

Thank you so much again for posting pics of Sophie. It was just what I needed.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
I can't get over how much those two looked alike! Wow!

I love the stare picture, they must be a riot to watch in person ~

1 - 8 of 8 Posts