Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Hi
Scamp is as lost as he can be and Darwin is not too far behind him. Breaks my heart to see them this way, especially since Dar was just getting over losing his Paddy last year.

Seamus and Flynn love having me all to themselves (interpret that as "my bed" all to themselves"). There have been a couple of food skirmishes between them which has NEVER happened before and it shocked me. I'm hoping that will subside in time.

Meggie is totally oblivious and Rusty is going about his "herding the herd" duties as usual.

I'm back at work today... needed to be around my other people. It was a good decision to do that.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
I read that as "How is the packing going?" Apparently, I need glasses. I was thinking- where is she going?

I'm sorry that they are feeling a little lost right now, Nance. Hopefully they'll settle in soon.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
How are YOU doing?

Poor pups. Can you give Scamp and Darwin a piece of Tud's clothing that still has his smell? Put it where they sleep?

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Pets and pats all 'round....

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It'll take them awhile to adjust to new routines. They've lost a loved too and know Mom is acting/feeling out of sorts. Going back to work is good. It's OK to leave early if you need to. Pretty sure after the 15th, I'm sorry for your loss, you may need a break. Hang in there kid. I'm proud of you.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Hugs to you and pats to the pups. Hope you are doing better, too. Going to work was a good idea, will help keep your mind occupied and give you more support. Still by your side, Nance.

Try feeding Seamus and Flynn in separate rooms. We do this with Champ and Buddy, because Champ gets more and Buddy tries to get some of Champ's before he finishes. Assert yourself over them if they do it again, make sure they know YOU are the boss, and that neither of them are.

Agree with giving Scamp and Dar-Dar a shirt of Tud's to lay on. A T-shirt apiece would probably help with comforting them.

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
Nance will you be visiting them during the day? I know it helped my spirits right after the divorce to go home at lunch and see my babies. If I remember, you work fairly close. Hugs to you and belly rubs to the pooches.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts