Just Labradors banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone was so helpful last week in providing names for my friend to name his new black lab puppy. Here's another one for you....

My city is opening a new dog park next spring. They are having a naming contest thru April 29th. Any ideas???

I submitted BARK PARK, but that's all I have. I'm not very creative.

I'm in Arlington, Texas - between Fort Worth and Dallas. Home of Six Flags over Texas, the Texas Rangers, and soon, the Dallas Cowboys (Lord have mercy).
Fort Worth has a dog park named Fort Woof. They've been voted #1 dog park in the country (and it actually is fabulous), and of course, I'd like to see Arlington out-perform Fort Worth.

Any ideas???? As much as I'd like to solicit ideas, then submit them for the prize money, that wouldn't be right. So, go online and submit your ideas. There's a $250.00 award for the winning name. Deadline is April 29.

http://www.ci.arlington.tx.us/park/dogparknamingentryform.html

BE SURE AND TELL US WHAT YOU SUBMITTED. I'D LOVE TO HEAR YOUR IDEAS....

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mambo said:
Paws park or Paw playground sounds neat. I like bark park. But they are kinda boring. Speaking of mine. Not yours. ;D
Go online and submit it!!!!!
(you never know, you might get your fence issue paid for..... :D)

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
The Paw-ground, How about that? You can submit it if ya want, I'm too busy and it doesn't matter to me lol.

·
Registered
533 Posts
i live in Plano, not 'too' far from arlington...once this is done, i may have to take my boy on a day long dog park outing to arlington, over to this fort worth one, then pit stop at the plano one on the way home! :)

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DFWLab said:
i live in Plano, not 'too' far from arlington...once this is done, i may have to take my boy on a day long dog park outing to arlington, over to this fort worth one, then pit stop at the plano one on the way home! :)
Well, Hey then - Grand Prairie is opening their new dog park on April 21st, next Saturday.
They will require everyone bring a copy of their Rabies certificate (tags aren't enough).
Click here for a map:
http://www.gptx.org/EnvironmentalServices/AnimalServices/documents/Lgppacmap_003.pdf

I'm going along with a few friends. If you come this way, let me know. I'd love to meet you.
Also, aren't you with the Rescue? I wonder if Grand Prairie is letting vendors/rescues publicize a little. I plan on contacting them about this.

I hope to see you there, maybe some day!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AmazonGold said:
I submitted ARFlington Park :D
WOW!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!

There are prizes for the top three. Please keep my email handy and let me know if you hear anything back.
([email protected])

·
Registered
738 Posts
OK I am in McKinney - We seriously need to get together all of us North Texas Peeps, Crockett and I go to the Plano Dog Park all the time but it has issues...I want to go to the Fort Worth Dog Park humm... OK sorry to hijack!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like it alot - it's a really good park and I've met some very nice people out there.

I'd love to meet some of y'all out there. Just let me know when.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Ok, OK, I had my creative hat on and here is what I came up with...

Ark-linton Dog Park
Off Leash
Play Off Leash Park
Pup Playground
Doggies Playground
Doggie World
Woof World

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I may get shot for entering a contest in Arlington but I couldn't resist submitting "FidoFest Park". Our park here has a festival feeling every time we visit beacause every dog and person is having fun.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just scanned back to see if any more JLers posted ideas, and sure enough.

If anyone else has any creative ideas, be sure and enter the contest!

G

·
I submitted "Four Paws Park"

I know they won't pick me because I didn't have a really cool story for choosing that name.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I didn't enter a cool reason for mine either - I don't think that will matter.

This city has a boring habit of naming parks and schools after people no one has ever heard of. I'm hoping like heck that doesn't happen to this park. It deserves a catchy name, and catchy names speak for themselves - don't require an explanation.

Good luck!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts