Just Labradors banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so it looks like we're going to Myrtle Beach SC...

Can anyone recommend a great place to stay?
What to do?

We'll be traveling in mid April

TYIA

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
i'll meet ya....

the ex's family has a condo there in north myrtle beach that they rent out if you want me to send you the info.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
oh and you definitely don't want to stay in myrtle beach proper....too much activity and kids and loud spring breakers .... go north or south to litchfield beach or surfside area

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We want to go from 4/13 to 4/17....send me any info available! We want R & R...
a beach would be great too.

Will you really meet us??
BTW, SU will be traveling to GA on the 19th (work) and staying at the Augusta Mariott in Augusta.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
yeh if you want r and r don't go any where near downtown myrtle beach where the pavillion is. go for the south beaches or north myrtle beach. dakkerdog on here used to go a lot.
great seafood eating in murrell's inlet and calabash, nc....they are on opposite ends of each other though.
two neat outdoor mall type places with good restaurants and shopping .... something landing.....

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
How about Pawley's Island? I have been there several times, and even though the island is not as central to the hip spots in Myrtle Beach, it is so beautiful!

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We're having some difficulty with this vacation! Originally we were going to take a cruise to the Caribbean...but airfares to Miami (that's where we'd get the cruise) at this time were outrageous...so we nixed that! Then we thought about Aruba...airfare and hotel somewhat affordable but the dates didn't match...somehow we got to Myrtle Beach...we'll drive! We're both so tired and worn out from work that we just want to sit on a beach or by a pool and sleep! Pretty sad huh?? LOL To top it off...SU has to leave on business right after we get back!

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
if you are driving; why not virginia beach?or nagshead, outter banks area....all of those would be my choices over myrtle. myrtle is VERY busy and i'm thinking you are going to hit spring breakers.

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
We used to go to Mrytle Beach but then it got so commercial & it wasn't dog friendly. It is beautiful but now we go to the Outer Banks. We have been staying in Corolla in Whalehead Beach. Lots of beautiful dog friendly homes to rent....off season prices too in April. Check out Village Realty website. We take the girls & I love it. great place to kick back & relax.

When we did go to Myrtle Beach we stayed at Pelican's Landing on Shore Drive. It was nice. :) The condos & hotels on Shore Drive are really nice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts