Just Labradors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This guy is a real character. A bit of a rummy but he does a really nice job, especially if he's been "clean" for a week or more.

I only have him do the "big stuff", mowing, edging, cleanup but he always wants to know what else he can do for me. Like breaking up and bagging the mound of dead bamboo I cut down in May and June. And tidying up the Crepe Myrtles in my front yard. Finer details (cutting the grass out of spaces in the front walk and driveway) he's not so keen on but hey! I only pay him $15.00 a week to do what I would rather not do myself. He thinks it's funny that I cut the bamboo and trim the Crepe myself, but I enjoy that bit of yard work.

I let him use my really good equipment for my yard and Good Neighbor's yard so I guess the pittance I pay him is fair enough.

Anyway, it's just nice to know I don't have to mess with the big yard stuff myself. AND his name is Joseph. There's something aesthetically pleasing to me about having a yard man named Joseph instead of Bubba or Mac.

:)

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I like the name Joseph. :)

Let him do what he wants to do, especially in this heat, so you don't have to. Breaking up and bagging the bamboo would be great to get out of the way. More room to play in the RHG!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts