Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully I don't whine too much but I think my vacation is cursed... Let me know what you think..

I was supposed to go with a good friend and her sister to visit Savannah,GA and Charleston,SC for the week. We are not there. First, the week before we go, my friend's cat had a very severe seizure, and ended up with a potential diagnosis with cancer. She called to talk to me and said that she didn't think that she could go because they needed to find out what was going on with the cat. Well, I told her that she was talking to the right person because I sure as hell wouldn't be going on vacation if my dog was in a similar situation, so no problem. Good news is that the cat does not have cancer but has a serious illness which is treatable but that she can't just leave with another person. So we changed vacation plans (no whine so far).

We decided to go to NYC today and see SPAMALOT which we really enjoyed although the trip was not without some headaches. We almost missed the show because we ended up in the hottest cab in NYC (without AC) and got stuck in traffic, but we did make it (yeah). We couldn't catch a cab back to the train station so had quite a walk. It wasn't bad walk, just cut down on our shopping time.

Well, I got back home. Let the dogs out, etc (it does look like they had a good day with the petsitter, the deck is full of sticks, ;)), while I was going up the steps to the deck, the three dogs all ran up with me. I hear a yelp and Blackie is not putting weight on her back leg. She's injured this leg before. When I heard her yelp, I jumped and turned over my ankle. So I'm limping now. As we get into the house and I am checking out her leg, Reg threw up his dinner. Oi vey! I think Blackie will be okay but I'll know more tomorrow. I'm having a drink and hoping day 2 of vacation will be better. We're supposed to go to Cape May, NJ for a few days barring cat illnesses, dog injuries, and some limping humans.

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
OH lah....hope things get better.
Okay, it can only get better, right?

Enjoy NJ...and yes, a good stiff drink (if not driving) kinda' sorta' helps.

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Sorry Jeanne! I hope things get better in a hurry, including Blackies ankle and yours!

When in doubt, come to PA for a cpl days :)

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Wow! I hope things get better! There is a strong possibility we might be related. Your vacations sound to much like ours!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts