Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
aaahhhhh! Bill left Thursday around noon, so I have had since Thursday evening to myself at home, just me and the boys. No raised voices, no one yelled at the boys, no tension, just peace and quiet.

I did laundry, picked up poop, ran errands, and shopped yesterday. Also took the boys to the park and just let them run for about 30 minutes. Had a quiet, peaceful evening.

Early this morning I had the strong feeling to sit and pay attention to a particular preacher on TV. It's usually on in the background while we are on the computers or fixing breakfast, but every once in a while I have a strong urge to sit and listen. Today I did, and I swear that man was speaking directly to me! He said that we have the choice of starting the day off with joy or in a bad mood, and the choice we make stays with us the rest of the day. We have the option to complain that we have to get up and go to work, or be glad we have a job to get up for. That we can complain about the traffic or rejoice in the fact that we have a vehicle to drive. Complain about cleaning house or rejoice that we have a roof over our heads. You get the idea.

Then he specifically spoke about women who have miserable, grouchy husbands. That we can either complain about them or we can be glad we have the company, someone to talk to, instead of being alone and lonely.

I am making the choice to embrace each day as a gift, with joy and pleasure in all the little things I take for granted, and to make the best of the old goat (the preacher's words) I'm married to! :wink:

Later I went to Aldi's for green beans (even at Aldi's they are up to $.55 a can - just a few weeks ago I got them at Meijer's @ 3/$1.00!) and picked up the fixings for corned beef and cabbage. We will have it next weekend, as Bill starts chemo March 16th.

The rest of today I have relaxed, played with the boys, read, and just 'was.'

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
It sounds as if you are revived by this day with the boys and with the preacher's message. Remain positive. Best wishes for both you and Bill.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
I think a positive attitude adds so much to life. Enjoy what your are given. You know the saying when given lemons make lemonaide.

Glad you had the time to recharge and get your mind and attitude reset to deal with the coming days.

Know that you and Bill are in my prayers and we are all here to support both of you.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Jackie, I have been wondering how you were holding up. Your positive attitude is wonderful.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
That's a wonderful outlook... that Preacher was absolutley right ..... I hope you continue to wake up each morning with that bright cheery state of mind..... you're always in our thoughts and prayers Jackie....

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
That's a wonderful reminder to us all to be thankful for what we have, grouchy or not! Prayers for you and Bill. Maybe those couple of days of peaceful quiet was good for you.

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
At mass today the preist was talking about people who "grumble" and how even though they don't offer any answers to the problems we need to offer them love and accept them for who they can be. Jackie you have all my love and prayers as you guide Bill and yourself through this. Good outlook, chin up...

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
Jackie, that is a great lesson we could all learn from. I told myself before Walt and I got married that I would never dwell on his "warts". You know. The things that make you angry or drive you crazy that they do. You see, I find when I dwell on negative things, I begin to dislike those things. I swore I would never do that with my husband. I accept him for who he is, warts and all. Yes, he drives me crazy sometimes. I just don't complain about it to others or myself. Know that I am praying for you and Bill. God bless.

·
Registered
9,926 Posts
What inspirational words. I am glad they made you feell a little better. But is is o.k. to feel that you needed peace. You are both going through a lot and some times you need to have some you time. Good thoughts for Bills chemo.

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
I'm so glad that you had a nice time to yourself, and that you listened to the preacher on TV. What good advice. But don't feel guilty if you let "the old goat" get you down once in a while. It's hard to live with a grumpy person. I hope the chemo goes well.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
That's awesome, Jackie. Keep up the good 'tude!! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts