Just Labradors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left Lincoln about noon on Friday and arrived at Ft. Hartstuff on the edge of the sandhills about 3 pm. I was cooking for a group I belong to called the Grand Army of the Frontier, that was having a shoot about 10 miles away. I cooked and we had supper in the Mess Room of the restored barracks Saturday evening.

Ft. Harstuff was in use from 1874 to 1881. I have more pictures but need to look them over and uplad.

The Barracks I slept in.

Close up of the poured concrete construction done originally in 1874, the off color stuff up high is from the restoration.

Cosie set up round the corner by the kitchen a barber shop. If it had been tourist season I would have not left the pickup and lemon aid jug in plain view. ;) 1 set of tourists all day yesterday.

Close up of the cook set up

The bunk I took over.

Lookin' down the row of bunks, you can see my hat on the one next to my bunk.

And the stove in the kitchen.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Cool, spending the night there must of been great!

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I cooked for about 25 for Saturday night. The park superintendent and the asst one were on the grounds, but they were at their houses. So was pretty much on my own till about 5 pm Saturday. I have a good reputation around folks like that so they pretty much leave me be and know their Historical Site is safe. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts