·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just outside my sliding glass door. He will take peanuts from my hand

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Careful....my MIL feeds her squirrels...they have become quite demanding. Will actually come up to the sliding glass door or window over kitchen sink and harrass her if she hasn't put out food for them. Tapping on the glass...chittering...kinda creepy.

I seriously am afraid for the people who buy their home...those rodents will be pissed!!!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good Lord, how many peanuts a day are you feeding him?
Probably 3 at the most. I think he's been fed before (or is fed) by others. He practically runs up to the door. He probably would come inside and there is no way I want that. I open the slider just enough to side the peanut through. He usually scrounges (sp) underneath my bird feeders.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Careful....my MIL feeds her squirrels...they have become quite demanding. Will actually come up to the sliding glass door or window over kitchen sink and harrass her if she hasn't put out food for them. Tapping on the glass...chittering...kinda creepy.

I seriously am afraid for the people who buy their home...those rodents will be pissed!!!
I don't think he'll get to that point. If Derby is sitting by the door, he won't come near it and once the weather is nicer, Derby sits out on the patio all day and he won't come near the patio if Derby is out there.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How does Derby feel about this? Are you cheating on your one true love???
I don't think he minds. After all, he does get a peanut or 2. :p

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
be careful; my mom got bitten hand feeding squirrels. i used to like them until the devils got in my attic. never looked at a squirrel the same way after being harrassed by them.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Cute :)

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
You know, even having read and posted in this thread....every time I see the title, I keep thinking....oh, never mind!

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Please send you address. Better yet. Just leave a trail of your peanuts from my house to yours. Plenty of squirrels here that would love to be fed by you. Oh! Might get a few hundred field mice trailing behind and cleaning up the crumbs.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Somehow your guy is cuter than my squirrel that hangs upside down from my bird feeder emptying the contents into his chubby little body!;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts