Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last weekend I went to visit mom. She's definitely stronger than she was last time I saw her (in the hospital, couldn't walk 5 feet to the bathroom). She can take a shower standing up ;) (though she has to rest before/after it) and can put on her own pjs... yet she needs a hospital bed in order to sleep (only way she is comfortable is sleeping on an incline), has to call for Tom, John or myself to fetch her anything in the house that she needs. (even if it is only in the next room she just can't waste energy looking for stuff) Her exercise consists of getting up and walking for 1 minute a couple of times a day. :eek: She's going to have pace-maker surgery on May 1st and hopefully that will do the trick and get her heart pumping normally. Hopefully with the ability to do more things for herself, her attitude will improve. (she's pretty crabby and frustrated and taking it out on John, for the most part... and doing things like getting really upset and hating inanimate objects... like their new Camry that she had to ride 4 hrs in the backseat in :p )

Here she is eating pineapple with mayonaise in the center and shreaded cheese on top... garnished with cherries. (yeah I know it sounds disgusting and I don't know who thought up the combination but she and I love it :p )

And I got to hang out with my not-so-little-anymore brother Tom... he is now taller than me.. when did that happen?!

But maybe one of the best parts of visiting was Apollo's reaction to seeing his favorite redhead... he ran right over to me... started wiggling his whole body... whining and grunting... was glued to my side the whole evening. :) He knows who to get the luvin from!

T

·
0 Posts
Happy to hear your mom is doing better.

Yeah I am not sure about the pineapple and mayo and cheese. :p :-X But I like the pictures thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Glad to hear that your Mom is doing better, and is up and about! Continued good thoughts for her!!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Mom looks happy Linds. Thin, but happy. I was thinking about her this morning and planned on checking out the latest in your blog later today. Thanks for the update!

:)

B

·
0 Posts
Thanks for the update!

Isn't it funny how little brothers all of the sudden become younger big brothers? I remember when I could thump on my little brother and now he can hold his arm out with his hand on my head and I can't even reach him. It's annoying and funny at the same time.

I hope your mom keeps improving and the surgery is a grand success.

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
Thanks for the update Lindsey I hope the surgery goes off without a hitch and you mom is feeling better. In the mean time I hope she behaves her self.
Thanks for the pictures.

·
Registered
16,476 Posts
Glad she's feeling better.
Continued good thoughts for her, Lindsay.

Glad you got to hang w/your brother and Apollo. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts