Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Giuli and when I was a senior in highschool I gained 20 extra pounds. I was absolutely miserable. My mother had SEVERE anorexia when she was my age and when she got pregnant with me she didn't know she was pregnant till she was bout 6 months pregnant (that is how skinny she was). Anyway, when the time came for me to lose weight I was terrified I'd fall into some of my mothers anorexic habits, but I'm proud to say I didn't. I lost 20lbs in 3 months and have kept it off for almost two years now! I changed my diet and exercise habits and learned about both things by reading magazines such as "shape" "fitness" and "self" these magazines worked great for me. I also worked on my self esteem with self help books. Thats the one thing I did differently this time (i'd tried and failed to lose weight many times before) I truely believe that is what helped me to succeed. "The everything guide to self esteem" was the best book I ever read and its because of that book that I am 20 lbs lighter even after 2 years.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've decided to make a commitment to my previously healthy lifestyle. While I haven't gained any of the weight that I lost 2 yrs ago back, I have certainly let my healthy eating and exercise habits disappear. In fact, its a MIRACLE that I haven't gained any weight. I used to work out 5-6 days a week and I ate mixed berries and soy milk daily.

I became a freshman in college in August and I didn't gain any weight (whoo hoo!) but my healthy habits were totally abandoned when the stress of living 1,300 miles away from home and on my own sunk in. My boyfriend and I struggled financially for months. I had a REALLY rough, traumatic time these last 6 months. My b/f and I decided to move back home and start over. We weren't able to survive in the town where I was attending college. Now that I am back in my home town, we are slowly getting our lives back. We have new jobs and soon will have a place to live (we are staying with family right now). I want my old healthy habits back. I want my confidence back.

I plan to dust off my self esteem book, and bust out the old grocery list of fresh foods. Ironically, feeding my animals a raw diet has reminded me of the importance of eating healthy. I want to get my eating habits back on track, but I want to be less obsessive about it this time around. Thats something I've learned from feeding a raw diet to my ferrets. That you can't obsess about details, all the nutrients and calories will balance out over time. I hope to apply this new found mentality to MY eating habits.

I weigh 135lbs and I am 5ft 6in. I don't need to lose weight (but I wont complain if I do lol), I just want to FEEL good again. I move in with my b/f in August. I want to bring my healthy habits into his apartment so that I can encourage HIM to eat healthy as well.

I am going to the gym tommorow and I hope I will be able to get back on track with my life. This is just one of several things I feel I need to do in order to put my life back together again. I know there are many of you on here that have MUCH more weight to lose then me. I admire your struggle and your tenacity. You may not think you are that great, but I've always been inspired by ppl like you guys who struggle and really pursue what is best for them.

Wish me luck! and good luck to you guys too!

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know its not alot of weight, but my doctor said those pounds had to go and i was proud to lose the weight in a healthy way (especially when anorexia runs in my family).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts