Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He's too sweet. I have a new foster for Joe. Lexie is an AKC 6 yr old yellow female, product of a divorce and the most overweight dog I've ever seen and I think the most overweight dog Joe has ever seen too. She is very labby sweet (unless you are Cuj she isn't too fond of the big man lol). Loves Connor and he calls her his chubby lil girlfriend. Yesterday we came home to a chewed up ball that Lexie's owner brought with her. Connor cleaned it up. Then I noticed he had tears in his eyes. "What's the matter Con Man"..."How would you feel mom if you were away from the only family you've ever known, dropped off at this house with crazy Gunny and a Giant dog...then the only thing you have from your family gets chewed up..this is awful for her".

Here's his chubby girlfriend..Lexie and I are on a diet I should post before and afters of us..lol

Connor is also planning to do a paper on Puppy Mills this Reflections competition they have every year in school. He's always preaching to his class about Petland.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
Aww, how sweet is Conner?! He has such a good heart, Deneen.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
That was soo sweet it brought tears to my eyes......you've raised a wonderful son...with a big heart

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
:'(
What a sweet kid.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I will have to admit, in the little time I have been around Connor I have noticed he is not your average young man. He is very mature and he has more of an adult presence about him than most kids. He is also very polite . I am often surprised to see him clean up dog accidents, or feed the dogs, or whatever without any complaint. It is just like a part of his life that he does without any problem. I can not think of a better foster home for little miss chubby pants than to be with Deneen and Connor.

And don't worry Connor, I have a few more of her toys here that her mom left her. A new ball with be sitting at your front door for her when you get home today. Thanks for taking such good care of Lexie and for thinking of her.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
What a compassionate, empathetic son you have :angel:

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
Whatever you've been doing with Connor, keep it up! He sounds like such a sweet, sensitive soul. :D

·
Registered
127 Posts
What a terrific kid! Give him a giant hug and thank him from all of us for having such a soft heart.

I feel horrible for Miss Chubby Pants. There's hope for her weightloss! When we adopted Sadie from the shelter, she was the most morbidly obese dog I'd ever seen - we were embarrassed to be seen with her because we thought people would think we were horrible pet owners. She even had that huge handful of fat at the base of her tail. With our vet, we determined what she should weigh, and then immediately put her on a diet/exercise regimen. She steadily lost 1.5 lbs/week until she'd dropped a whopping 22 lbs. Sadie is now a beautiful dog with a ton of energy, and our vet refers to her as a shining example that dogs CAN lose a ton of weight. Wish I could say the same for ME!

Best of luck with your new foster...and hugs to your sweet son.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I feel bad for her too..she has this sort of fat roll on the top of her head. I was telling Joe today it's scares me too death when she's trying to run around with Autumn and Gunny I'm afraid she's going to have a heart attack. On a funny note...Lexie and Gunny were fetching yesterday..she doesn't know Gunny isn't really sharing he just loves beating other dogs in a race to his ball..anyway...they took off and Guns realized she was way behind so he stopped and waited for her to catch up..then beat her to the ball..he's a goofball.

What kind of excercise reg. did your Vet recommend?

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
Awww she's adorable. Good luck getting the weight off of her. Conner sounds like such a sweetheart you're doing a great job raising him.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts