Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't decided whether she is staying or not, but here is my singleton girl at six weeks.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Oh, my. She's just too precious!!! Gosh, she looks good to me.... But I'm a novice, so I'm not too keen on evaluating a puppy. But, like I said, she looks nice to me! ;D

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
She's adorable!! You can always ship her to PA to live with my singleton too ;)

Would you mind explaining what you are looking at in the puppy at this age? What looks good to you? What are you hoping might change? What would need to change for you to definitely keep her? It would help this newbie out if you have the time :) I think I'm getting better at the adult dogs (especially the ones you posted were very helpful!) but puppies still leave me scratching my head - I can't get past the cuteness to see the conformation!

L

·
0 Posts
Oh yay!! I've been waiting for new pictures of your little precious bundle. She is sure looking great...I wish I was closer so I could pick her up and give her a big smooch :-*

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Would you mind explaining what you are looking at in the puppy at this age?
Well, most important for me is balance and silhouette when looking at a puppy. The puppy must be clean, the topline should be level and the angulation should match front to rear. Her rear is better than her pics, as she is not always settling on her hinges at this point, especially when she is looking for yummies ;)

I was trying to improve bone and substance with this litter and she has that, I needed to improve her front and I like her front very much so far, and I needed shorter coupling and a bit more leg, but I'll have to wait a bit and see how that pans out. Her ***** line is very strong for coats, tails and heads, so she should be a nice package...who knows, anything can happen in the next two years 8)

What looks good to you? What are you hoping might change? What would need to change for you to definitely keep her?
I think she looks good so far, but in order to keep her, she must be better than her mother, otherwise I am taking a step backward, not forward.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Thanks so much!! I'm excited to "see" her grow up ;D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts