Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lobo is my 9 year old cat. He is actually getting to the closer side of 10 but we still tell him he is young and handsome. Not too much of a lie.

Anyway, Lobo has always been a pretty gentle cat. I still remember driving him to the vets when he was 6 months old, him laying calmly in my lap and purring the whole way. Same with the ride back from the vets after the surgery where he purred in my lap and watched the windshield wipers.

My sister-in-law swears that he's so calm because he's retarded but I don't think that is the case. He is a very gentle soul and we love him for it.

The weekend before last I was at my BIL's and they were telling me how wonderful their cat was, how he catches mice and everything. It got me thinking about Lobo and the fact that he has never brought me a mouse in his life and as far as I was aware he never caught a mouse.

I didn't think much about it. I love him the way he is and if he doesn't want to be a mouser who was I to complain. Like I said, he's a gentle soul and I don't expect any hunter instincts in him.

Well this weekend, my husband brought out my youngest son's bunny, Mr. Bunny. The dogs were kennelled so Mr. Bunny could run around but I realized with a panic that Lobo was not sequestered. I made to run to save this poor bunny from a horrible attack when I noticed that Mr. Bunny and Lobo were playing a game of tag.

They spent a half hour with the bunny chasing Lobo and then Lobo chasing Mr. Bunny. After that they just sat quietly with each other. Poor Lobo, if other cats hear about this he will never live it down. I mean the bunny is a little dwarf and it is still young. Lobo was twice the size and could have taken him (not that I wanted him to).

I know now why Lobo has never caught any mice is because he is just too darn gentle. I have this growing suspicion that he probably played tag with the mice that used to reside in our old house.

So that is my story for the day. I love that old (oh sorry, middle aged) cat with all my heart and seeing all his strange quirks just makes me love him all the more.
:)

·
Registered
738 Posts
Oh, he sounds so sweet. I have a similar cat, Jones, except he is retarted. We prefer "slow witted" :) He is the kindest cat I've ever had. We should have know something was up when he couldn't jump on the counters as our other cats did. It took him a couple of months to figure it out and to this day he can still wipe out at times. He is the only one of our five cats that greets us and the dog, at the door and is the only one who cuddles up with the dog. The only time I have ever heard him hiss or get grouchy was after a seizure, and who could blame him. Enjoy your sweet guy, I know we do!

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll post one soon. I have to locate one. He usually disappears whenever I take out the camera, the little poop but I do have some.

The name wasn't mine it was my BIL's. He was over visiting shortly while I was trying to figure out a name for him. Nothing was coming to me and he said, "He looks llike a Lobo." Lobo gave a look of agreement and we knew that was going to be his name for good. So I don't get credit for that name. Funny thing is, Lobo is a Superman villian (or something) he is this big tough biker guy that rides a space motorcycle. SU says he's one of those characters that is bad and good. He's a mercenary or something.

Obviously, Lobo didn't realize his namesake was so fierce. LOL. He has a patch of white on his chest just over his heart that looks like a sheriff's badge and a patch of shite on his collar that looks like a priest collar. I always say that he has so much goodness in him, God had to mark him twice so everyone knew.
:)

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I forgot I did this up of him. It's not the best pic. I have a different picture of him where he is napping with my son's mini pikachu under his arm. I'll see if I can find that one or I'll take a picture of him with the rabbit again. Him and Mr. Bunny were playing together again. LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts