Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After just one treatment of chemo...she completely lost her hair. :( Poor thing. She showed up yesterday with this horrible wig - the color is all wrong for her. I guess she has another one to try out. I think its time I go scarf shopping....

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Poor sweet thing! I know they have some great wigs online that they make with real hair. My cousin has very thin hair, and as she gets older its worsening. She has started wearing them and you can't even tell they are wigs. Scarfs are a great option, and much less expensive. Hope she does well through the chemo- I'll be sending good thoughts for a great outcome! Di

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Look also for some soft hats that she can wear. My Mom found some turban-like things that had bangs attached, so it looked like she had a soft hat on and her hair was showing. Your MIL can get a prescription for a really good wig and it will cost her much less for it at some shops.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Poor lady. It took my Mom a couple of weeks before it started to fall out. She never lost it all but most of it. It was starting to grow back when she died. Good luck to her.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Prayers for her.

We had a young woman early 40's at work that lost her hair to chemo during breast cancer treatment. She never wore a wig. She wore scarfs sometimes. But she has 3 sons all in their late teens. The day she had her first chemo treatment her 16 year old daughter took her which she thought was odd that her husband didn't. Instead he and all three boys plus about 20 of their friends had a head shaving party. So when she came home she found them all waiting for her bald as can be. She decided to have them shave her head as she knew it would be a matter of days.

What is so funny is she had fine straight hair all her life now after chemo is just as thick in texture and curly as can be.

Hope you MIL does well and the cancer never returns.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
What is so funny is she had fine straight hair all her life now after chemo is just as thick in texture and curly as can be.

Hope you MIL does well and the cancer never returns.
My best friend had that happen with her hair, too! She loves the hair she has now. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts