Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dad is 84, Mom is 78. They are the ages of most of my peers' grandparents. Dad still tries to steal kisses from Mom every chance he gets. Their marriage is an inspiration to me. Happy Anniversary, Betty & Fred! :)

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Isn't that wonderful - big congrats to them! My parents have been married 62 years in August, and although mom pretty much drives dad crazy these days, they are such a good fit. The last time I was home, I happened to catch them in the back hallway of their house and they didn't know I was there - dad reached out and gave moms titty a little squeeze and she laughed and said "oh Don - you cut that out!" They're 84 years old!

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Congratulations Betty & Fred. (Betty Rubble and Fred Flintstone???) My parents have been married 57 years. You know, that's something that will be rare in the future. Too easy to get married, too easy to get divorced.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congratulations Betty & Fred. (Betty Rubble and Fred Flintstone???) My parents have been married 57 years. You know, that's something that will be rare in the future. Too easy to get married, too easy to get divorced.
You have no idea how many times I have heard that as a child ;)

·
Registered
601 Posts
It's good to see some marriages still last! Congratulations to them. Coming from a broken home and both parents been married 2+ I'm paranoid about marriage.

Course I can't even get Shane to pop the question...

But thank you for sharing this with us all, it's an inspiration that true love does still exist!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts